Lee Charnley | Vital Football

Lee Charnley

The Owl

Vital 1st Team Regular
Lee Charnley is complicit in all Ashley's decisions and carries them out with a smug look on his face.
To my mind he has been given an easy ride by local rag and fans.
Deliberately sluggish in the transfer market, incapable of making a decision on most things.
What has happened re the investigation onto zBeardsley which started months ago.
Typical Charnley, just keeping it under wraps.
Which other club would employ this cretin. Long overdue for the so called sports writers in the local rag to start questioning him. He turns up at matches and gets away with any critism on the basis that Ashley is pulling his strings. Which is true but does not absolve him from blame.

He sucks Mikes cock and probably wipes his arse as well, he has no say in what goes on and is happy to carry the can because he gets a nice office and doesnt have to make the tea anymore, Mike hastold him that NUFC fans are spineless and will do nothing to bring him to account.

Charnley is nothing more than a shit deflector, willing to be employed to be the public face of NUFC - What does he actually do? NOTHING! Justin Barnes isn't here for fun, he's here to make sure the tea boy does exactly what Ashlyingcunt wants - probably doesn't actually do anything or knows anything of value.

Charnley's just there to be a fall guy, Ashley can have (im)plausible deniability, particularly if there's anything to this HMRC investigation.

I have to agree with you on Mort. I found him open and hugely helpful, even if he did get a bit back in return. However, he was on a sabbatical from his law firm to look after NUFC which I understand has been of benefit to his firm since. Llambias seemed to be more representative of the way Ashley likes to conduct business, from a distance and with a different moral compass to the average Geordie.