Lee Beevers | Vital Football

Lee Beevers

Kentishimp

Vital Squad Member
His injury took the shine off the win for me.
Has been immense for us this season.

Googling info on that type of injury it gives a recovery time of about 12 months following surgery, plaster casts and physio.

At 32 years old this may even be a career threatening injury although I hope for his sake it is not.

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/lincoln-city-defender-lee-beevers-facing-long-layoff-after-dislocating-knee/story-29842233-detail/story.html

I think one thing about the Cowleys that has impressed me the most has been their ability to get an old war-horse like Beevers playing some of the best football of his career.

We will miss him and I wish Lee all the best and a speedy recovery.

Really feel for Beevers. Worked so hard. Hope he can make a full recovery.

Also presents a problem going forward. Beevers could provide cover all across the back and allowed Wood to go into midfield. Now got no cover for left back or right back and won't have the option of Wood in midfield when we need to tighten things up. Be interesting to see how Cowley addresses this. I'd guess a loan move for a right back who can play left back would be the ideal move.

It certainly sounds like he won't be back this season; unfortunately out of contract in May too. Gaz is right, we have no cover at all now for the two full back positions; with Beevers being out for the long-run, would a loan signing fill the gap?

impsimps - 26/10/2016 17:15

Just sorry for the bloke, hope he is able to play again, at 32 could be dodgy.
 33 in December so could be 34 by the time the injury is fully healed.

What an absolute sickener for the poor bloke. He must be in a really low place at the moment. I don't know if he has a family or not but it must be a worrying time for him right now.
Perhaps the club could set up some sort of route for fans to get a little message of support to him, just to give him a bit of a boost.

APHLCFC - 26/10/2016 17:26

What an absolute sickener for the poor bloke. He must be in a really low place at the moment. I don't know if he has a family or not but it must be a worrying time for him right now.
Perhaps the club could set up some sort of route for fans to get a little message of support to him, just to give him a bit of a boost.
He's been a good servant to the club over many years in various stints. I hope that someone at the club will read this thread and point him in the direction of it.

I have dislocated my knee cap, other than being bloody painful its a long way back. Almost certainly ligament damage as well and depending on the severity it may require an op on the patella tendon too. I wouldn't wish this injury on a Cod.

All from their bloke gaining a free kick that wasn't, then he returned the ball in very unsporting way after Farman throw it out so Beevers could get treatment. Their No.11 played the ref for a fool the whole game, he was the one Raggett fouled and get carded for near the end.
Good luck Lee a testimonial type game for him would be a great gesture.

Really gutted for Lee, that's an awful injury to have. I don't doubt that the team will be there with him 100% though to see him through this. Speedy recovery Lee!

Lee's posted a thank you message on Twitter ... https://www.facebook.com/bbclincolnshiresport/posts/1318952658138247:0

I fear for Lee, that injury at his age could be the end potentially. He's been really good this season too, such a shame. Hope his recovery goes well.

Really sorry for the bloke, especially at this time in his career. In the games I've seen, he's been immense

APHLCFC - 26/10/2016 17:26

Saw him at B&Q a couple of weeks ago, appeared to have partner and a couple of young children.
Echo sentiments, been a good servant to this club so we should do what we can to help him

I had a similar injury at 17. Struggled on till I was 21 and then retired

I've since had 16 knee ops in 15 years.

I worry for his career now

All the best Lee, it's going to be a difficult one to come back from.

Certainly our most improved player this season and he's probably part of Waterfall's good form having an experienced head next to him.

Would be great to think we could get promoted this season. Lee's been a big part and it sounds like he'll have a role in the background while he recovers. Hopefully a nice bonus coming his way if we do.

A Crowdfunder has been set up I think by Helgy http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/ojko