Ledley on Dire and others.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ledley on Dire and others..

Not sure I agree with that. There's different way of being a leader. You can be a leader of a team but not be the best of the team. Your skillset is getting the best out of everyone around you.

Would you say he has got the best out of any player we have?

I haven't seen anything to suggest he has. In recent times anyway.

I don't see any positives keeping him. He is 28 in January.

Whining like a bitch in the press about how you're being unfairly treated and blamed for mistakes & all around shit play....

Then immediately follow that up by going out and committing TWO CRITICAL ERRORS THAT LEAD TO GOALS IN THE NEXT MATCH, dropping monumentally critical points for your team.

That guy is shit. Should never don a spurs shirt ever again. And can frankly go fuk right off as far as Im concerned. Suggesting he has a place in the England squad is the pinnacle of sarcasm. Japhet Tanganga should be ahead of him for fuk's sake.

Whining like a bitch in the press about how you're being unfairly treated and blamed for mistakes & all around shit play....

Then immediately follow that up by going out and committing TWO CRITICAL ERRORS THAT LEAD TO GOALS IN THE NEXT MATCH, dropping monumentally critical points for your team.

That guy is shit. Should never don a spurs shirt ever again. And can frankly go fuk right off as far as Im concerned. Suggesting he has a place in the England squad is the pinnacle of sarcasm. Japhet Tanganga should be ahead of him for fuk's sake.

I've only seen 2 or 3 English centre halves that are worthy of shouting about in an England shirt.

In my lifetime, I've seen Rio, Sol and Ledley that I've raved about after certain performances. I've seen an entire country go on about Adams and Terry, even though I've watched the pair of them with my own eyes. Great club men, but bang average international centre halves. I even sat at Wembley and listened when our very own Dawson pulled on the shirt. Embarrassingly bad, along with Upson, Lescott, Carragher etc. Perhaps a soft spot for Jagielka and Southgate who had the brain, but not the rest. They saved us a few times by switching on at the right time.

Of the current lot, the only 2 that I've watched live and felt some encouragement is Stones and Gomez. I've not seen Ben White or Coady live, but seen enough of Mings and Maguire as an England fan to see that they are a massive weak link.

As for Dier, I hope people realise he's better than Dawson. Not that Dawson was ever good enough. Perhaps we should throw the armband at him for being a good egg like we did Michael !!!

I've only seen 2 or 3 English centre halves that are worthy of shouting about in an England shirt.

In my lifetime, I've seen Rio, Sol and Ledley that I've raved about after certain performances. I've seen an entire country go on about Adams and Terry, even though I've watched the pair of them with my own eyes. Great club men, but bang average international centre halves. I even sat at Wembley and listened when our very own Dawson pulled on the shirt. Embarrassingly bad, along with Upson, Lescott, Carragher etc. Perhaps a soft spot for Jagielka and Southgate who had the brain, but not the rest. They saved us a few times by switching on at the right time.

Of the current lot, the only 2 that I've watched live and felt some encouragement is Stones and Gomez. I've not seen Ben White or Coady live, but seen enough of Mings and Maguire as an England fan to see that they are a massive weak link.

As for Dier, I hope people realise he's better than Dawson. Not that Dawson was ever good enough. Perhaps we should throw the armband at him for being a good egg like we did Michael !!!

Rio and King are easily the best I have seen. They should have dominated the England golden era. But as we know Kings knee was shot.

After that Woodgate. But injuries ruined him.

I don't agree with you on Adams. He was top class at Euro 96. Shearer said he is the best CB he has ever faced as well. Not many got any change out of him.

Dawson of 04/05 and 09/10 was miles ahead of anything Dier has shown.

It does make me laugh England fans moaning about Maguire being injured like he is a god. It literally won't make a difference for England if he plays or not.

Pointless being a leader if you are shit. :ROFLMAO:

Pointing and shouting at others doesn't mean you are a leader.

A leader must be pretty much faultless and very good at their job.

He is neither.

Disagree. A leader doesn't have to be the best player. But they do have to be the most selfless, leave everything on the pitch type. Team first.

I don't recall Dier whining in the press?

I also recall Dier getting caught in situations that our less than useful mid-field and a certain right back caused....and in the latter part of the season the left back.

Disagree. A leader doesn't have to be the best player. But they do have to be the most selfless, leave everything on the pitch type. Team first.

I don't recall Dier whining in the press?

I also recall Dier getting caught in situations that our less than useful mid-field and a certain right back caused....and in the latter part of the season the left back.

Or putting in as little effort as our 3 famous international captains playing up top.

In my eyes Dier is a man of character rather than a leader. A leader pulls everyone together and does not play the popularity card. I look at someone like Roy Keane and think, even though Fergie probably hated his guts, he was vital to put what fergie wanted onto the pitch. He was such a good player that fergie knew he couldnt afford to lose Keane the captain OR keane the player. The minute he started losing it as Keane the player, they ditched him. Dier would be an able team mate but inspire and lead, nope.

Football needs characters like Dier, Rose, Dele, Lamela etc etc. The trouble is you have to realise when they have outlived their usefullness and move them on quickly if it starts to wain.