Ledley King hired as coach | Vital Football

Ledley King hired as coach

The only criticism I have of Ledders would be the two week bender he took the lads on when they just about won the league cup. :shake:

The vacancy is for a tactical coach, not just defence as I understand it. Ledley IMO needs to coach at a lower level first like Mason is doing now. Keane has coached senior players already.

The vacancy is for a tactical coach, not just defence as I understand it. Ledley IMO needs to coach at a lower level first like Mason is doing now. Keane has coached senior players already.

he ticks all the boxes and why not? experience or not, he's working under experienced coaches who will clearly be the ones setting the agenda (from a tactical and coaching perspective).

The outgoing coach Ricardo has 30 years approx experience in coaching. He was employed as a tactical and technical coach. If Ledley replaces him, I doubt it will be for the same purpose.

I am more than OK with this.
Tottenham through and through.
He could play a bit as well. Maybe N'dom will learn what it's like to actually be injured and pull his finger out his mums porridge.

I don't think Jose would have wanted it to happen if he didnt think Ledder's had the right qualities. Like with everything at the moment, I guess we just have to hope Jose's experience means he knows what he is doing.

I don't think Jose would have wanted it to happen if he didnt think Ledder's had the right qualities. Like with everything at the moment, I guess we just have to hope Jose's experience means he knows what he is doing.

I dont think Ledley is replacing Ricardo on a like for like basis. He is an addition to the coaching staff to develop IMO. We have another tech and tactical coach who was working with Ricardo I think.

The only criticism I have of Ledders would be the two week bender he took the lads on when they just about won the league cup. :shake:

We've all made poor decisions and mistakes. Forgive and move on.

It;s something we know he'll never do again. He has a heart for our Club, which is something that has been missing from Spurs personnel and players over the years. He's an icon that will restore any lost passion and motivation.

Just the tonic we need.

Hopefully he is here to help with the coaching for our defending. We are still weak at the back. Considering he was arguably our best ever CB and is a Spurs man, it's a no brainer for me.

I have always liked ex spurs players coaching behind the scenes. Especially when they were as good as the King.

All we can do is hope that he is now ready, he's spent a long time not finishing his coaching badges because of other priorities in his life, but coaching at this level is a full and I mean full-time job and then some.

Ledley will be busy. He is working with the first team ( hopefully defensive ) , helping the academy players transition and will be part of the match day team.