Leam Richardson v Paul Cook | Vital Football

Leam Richardson v Paul Cook

springy-park

Vital 1st Team Regular
Let's hope Leam can inspire a Win over his old boss,
we badly need a win to lift the gloom after the Accy match.

It's a tough match for us, but we have to start winning before the teams above us
start to pull away from us and and we run out of matches to get out of the bottom 4,
let's hope the team defy the odds and give Leam bragging rights over Cook.

Ipswich are missing a few key players and not in great form with only 1 win and 3 loses in the last 5. They also don't score many and aren't great away from home.

All that makes this a very winnable game if we turn up - which normally means it's the type of game we'll go missing unfortunately.

I thought we maybe turned corner with MK and Plymouth but after last 2 against out of form opposition and still being out worked, out played and out fought makes me feel those back to back wins were most likely another false dawn.

Love to be proven wrong and us be up for the battle and showing urgency throughout but you can't trust that to happen in these type of games.

Paul Cook could have a big say on our relegation after all. These are Ipswich's next fixtures.

27 Mar 202115:00Wigan Athletic v Ipswich Town 02 Apr 202115:00
Ipswich Town v Bristol Rovers05 Apr 2021
15:00Rochdale v Ipswich Town10 Apr 202115:00
Ipswich Town v Milton Keynes Dons17 Apr 202115:00
Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town20 Apr 202119:45
Northampton Town v Ipswich Town24 Apr 202115:00
Ipswich Town v AFC Wimbledon

Paul Cook could have a big say on our relegation after all. These are Ipswich's next fixtures.

It's OK looking at what others have to do problem is we have to win our games

For us in L1 Cook was decent at beating the teams well below him in the league but not great at winning the 6 pointers. Let's hope that continues starting after this weekend!

I've been a bit busy this week and have not kept abreast of things, has anything been said about Darikwa's availability for the Ipswich game, given his call up to the international squad ?

Back to topic..... With Cooks away record it's one we can win, they have injuries, 2 on international duty and one that may have to play his first game of the season due to a long term injury, im going 1 nil us.

Paul Cook ahead of the game:

“My only message to Wigan fans is how pleased I am for them and how proud I am of them with how they conducted themselves around what went on.
The change of ownership there now is imminent, which is absolutely fantastic. I’m so pleased, I’m so delighted, especially for Leam. I know how tough he’s had it.
He’s seen 22/23 players leave the club, he’s see his manager leave, the first team coach leave, his goalkeeper coach, the medical people... They’ve worked with nothing this year and they’ve conducted themselves so, so well.
It will be a really difficult day for me, if I’m being truthful. I think the Wigan Athletic fans know how close to my heart they and the club is. "

I hope Leam returns to a back 4 today,as the 352 just didn't work last week.When you play 3 CBs you need 2 attacking WBs to get forward and give you width in the attacking 3rd.This didn't happen anywhere near enough as Robinson just isn't suited to that role yet.
I think Leam tried that formation last week with us missing our 1st choice wingers in Viv and Massey and to match Stanley up,which worked at the DW earlier in the season.But we had Tom Pearce in that team who is much more suited to that formation than Robinson.

We still have options to use as the 2 attacking wide men.Aasgaard,Gardner,Dodoo,Clough and Lang (although we need him central) can all play on either side.There's also the option of playing Whelan at RB and moving Darikwa further forward to RW.
I really hope Aasgaard is given a start today in one of the attacking positions and maybe it's time to bring Keane back in behind the striker against his old club.

Come on tics!

I hope Leam returns to a back 4 today,as the 352 just didn't work last week.When you play 3 CBs you need 2 attacking WBs to get forward and give you width in the attacking 3rd.This didn't happen anywhere near enough as Robinson just isn't suited to that role yet.
I think Leam tried that formation last week with us missing our 1st choice wingers in Viv and Massey and to match Stanley up,which worked at the DW earlier in the season.But we had Tom Pearce in that team who is much more suited to that formation than Robinson.

We still have options to use as the 2 attacking wide men.Aasgaard,Gardner,Dodoo,Clough and Lang (although we need him central) can all play on either side.There's also the option of playing Whelan at RB and moving Darikwa further forward to RW.
I really hope Aasgaard is given a start today in one of the attacking positions and maybe it's time to bring Keane back in behind the striker against his old club.

Come on tics!
Sensible post yams, agree that Aasgaard should start.