Leam Richardson v Paul Cook | Page 6 | Vital Football

Leam Richardson v Paul Cook

Sacked before Christmas. He hasn't got his tactician with him now and it is showing in his results and the form LR has brought to our run.

An interesting article. He seems to be falling out with one or two journalists asking difficult questions. Obviously not used to this line of questioning given tepid questions Kendrick used to ask him.

Seems to be pinning all his hopes on Morsy to instil some balls in his team - though was using the excuse they are brand new team and haven’t yet gelled.

I must say the the stat of 4 wins from 23 games surprised me, whether that puts his job in jeopardy I’ve no idea. Personally I like the bloke and certainly don’t wish him any ill will. Without Richardson and Barry perhaps he’s lacking a good coaching staff (didn’t he take our kit man as coach or was that made up?) Perhaps the new Ipswich owners will note Richardson doing well and think similar.

An interesting article. He seems to be falling out with one or two journalists asking difficult questions. Obviously not used to this line of questioning given tepid questions Kendrick used to ask him.

Seems to be pinning all his hopes on Morsy to instil some balls in his team - though was using the excuse they are brand new team and haven’t yet gelled.

I must say the the stat of 4 wins from 23 games surprised me, whether that puts his job in jeopardy I’ve no idea. Personally I like the bloke and certainly don’t wish him any ill will. Without Richardson and Barry perhaps he’s lacking a good coaching staff (didn’t he take our kit man as coach or was that made up?) Perhaps the new Ipswich owners will note Richardson doing well and think similar.
Make no mistake about it, he's on borrowed time if things don't improve very quickly.
We were very, very lenient with him at times.
By my reckoning, he should've gone TWICE during his tenure here...
( 2 wins in 16 games Late Autumn / Winter 18/19, and 4 wins in 25 games from August until New Year 19/20 ).
Clubs like Ipswich are no strangers to wielding the axe early doors, and if the results don't come, it won't be any different this time around.

Reactions: GSM

I've no doubt Liam has been offered the opportunity to join Cook at Ipswich as some stage and has wisely decided his future is with the now stable Wigan Athletic.
Wigan are moving in the right direction where Ipswich seem to have the big club thing we need it now. League 1 is very strong this season and there will be strong competition. Cookie needs turn things around there quickly or he is in deep trouble.

Make no mistake about it, he's on borrowed time if things don't improve very quickly.
( 2 wins in 16 games Late Autumn / Winter 18/19, and 4 wins in 25 games from August until New Year 19/20 ).
Clubs like Ipswich are no strangers to wielding the axe early doors, and if the results don't come, it won't be any different this time around.

I agree he was lucky to survive at times during his stint with us. Choi didn’t give a fuck though and I guess it’s why he survived. I was one of those suggesting he should go - however I was wrong and he did the club proud in so many ways given his leadership when we entered admin, phoning sacked staff, getting the team motivated etc. Let alone his volunteer work during covid. As I said I’ve no axe to grind and hope he does well - though not at our expense.,

But the bigger pi
But the bigger picture is that we came through those phases and ended up with a team playing like promotion candidates before the Hong Kong duo shafted us.
So having a bit of faith and patience often pays more dividends that knee jerk reactions of changing the manager

But the bigger pi

But the bigger picture is that we came through those phases and ended up with a team playing like promotion candidates before the Hong Kong duo shafted us.
So having a bit of faith and patience often pays more dividends that knee jerk reactions of changing the manager
You can look at it that way, I suppose.
Though some people might say that our poor performances earlier on in the season eventually caught up with us after the points deduction.

We bloody dropped 2 vital points at home to Luton, in the last game before Lockdown, all because of Cooky's ultra safe, boring tactics.

That team was way, way better than 13th, no one will tell me any different...

Last edited:
From Ipswich forum about Paul Cook.

1-''If Paul Cook wasn't a credible manager when he arrived
then I don't know who is''.

2-''Indeed, he'd only lost his previous job because the club collapsed financially, nothing to do with their playing record at the time''.

From Ipswich forum about Paul Cook.

2-''Indeed, he'd only lost his previous job because the club collapsed financially, nothing to do with their playing record at the time''.

But he didn't lose his job.
Dare I say, he jumped ship thinking he would get what he wanted quickly.
Otherwise if he was thinking of the club why not stay and work on a reduced package?

But he didn't lose his job.
Dare I say, he jumped ship thinking he would get what he wanted quickly.
Otherwise if he was thinking of the club why not stay and work on a reduced package?

Bristol City were sniffing around if i remember rightly, he was nailed on for that job, God knows what happened.

With Ipswich fans saying Cook is nothing without Leam I'm interested to hear what posters think of the difference now in our tactics and general play compared to when Cooky was here. Is Leam doing anything different or are they both using the same approach and tactics