Leam Richardson v Paul Cook | Page 5 | Vital Football

Leam Richardson v Paul Cook

... against a decent team with a solid defence. We aren't going to just roll teams over, we gave it a go but didn't have the quality to get the win, but I'm still happy enough with the effort and overall performance. They barely threatened our goal either and despite us missing key players through injury still matched a team with play off aspirations.

Aspirations are all they have though...nowhere near good enough to threaten a play off place pal.

Lang did the right thing by going himself, Keane wouldnt have bulged the net, more likely to bulge the new banner in the South Stand.
Maybe so, maybe not .... but my initial point was that Lang's miss (and decision not to pass) has exactly the same effect as a defensive howler leading to a goal.

I don't expect us to roll any side over. We are struggling at the bottom because we have one of the weakest squads in the league. So long as we give it a go is important but two shots on target in 96 minutes is not going to get us up to finish fifth from bottom. Ipswich were depleted too and since Cook went there are struggling to get wins so have been slipping away from contention and like Stanley last week are not exactly buzzing. Today was another of those games where if you were to expect three points then this was one of the games. Alas two shots on target is not going to do it.

Fair point and I agree Jeff, I was happy with the performance, but in the position we are in 2 shots on target per game will make it very difficult for us to avoid relegation. I get your point (y)

Thought we played well today and all that was lacking was an end product and cutting edge at the top end of the pitch.
We've created 3 good chances and also got into some good areas and situations without making the most of them.

We were really solid defensively today and the clean sheet is a real positive.Johnstone was outstanding and Tilt was excellent as well especially after his whirlwind few days.

After an even 1st half I thought Evans and Ojo then controlled the game in the 2nd and we were the better team,so I'm a bit disappointed we didn't win the game.

Lang needs to play centrally and only out wide when we have no other options to play on the wings.He's wasted out there and we need him more involved in the game which he will be through the middle.

Although I'm a bit disappointed we didn't win,because we were the better team that 2nd half, it's a point closer to safety and very much all to play for going into the last 9 games.
Additionally we have the official takeover to look forward to next week,which,fingers crossed should be rubber stamped before good Friday!
Keep the faith!

Just seen it on Quest - Jamie Jones very lucky not to be sent off, was nowhere near the ball when he took out their man.

What he probably meant was it adds up to us not winning. You fuck up and dont score you probably don't win, defender fucks up and they score you probably don't win.

Same difference.

I know what he means, its unfair though to say that Lang cost us a win because he didnt pass to Keane, there were no guarantees that Keane would have scored.

With Keane's track record i dont blame Lang for taking it on himself.

I know what he means, its unfair though to say that Lang cost us a win because he didnt pass to Keane, there were no guarantees that Keane would have scored.

With Keane's track record i dont blame Lang for taking it on himself.

I think Keane's problem is he thinks he's better than he actually is...a bit more effort might compensate instead of strutting around.

George Johnston almost certainly sealed his move to Ipswich in the summer with that performance. Top notch.

Paul Cook could have a big say on our relegation after all. These are Ipswich's next fixtures.

27 Mar 202115:00Wigan Athletic v Ipswich Town 02 Apr 202115:00
Ipswich Town v Bristol Rovers05 Apr 2021
15:00Rochdale v Ipswich Town10 Apr 202115:00
Ipswich Town v Milton Keynes Dons17 Apr 202115:00
Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town20 Apr 202119:45
Northampton Town v Ipswich Town24 Apr 202115:00
Ipswich Town v AFC Wimbledon

I can now see both Bristol Rovers & Rochdale picking up at least a point against Ipswich next weekend.

Cook certainly not had the new manager impact on them. Some of there fans not happy

John

You can please some of the people all of the time.
You can please all of the people some of the time.

But...you can never please all of the people all of the time.

Waste of time trying.