Leam Richardson v Paul Cook | Page 4 | Vital Football

Leam Richardson v Paul Cook

And if Keane had missed you would have said Lang should have taken it himself.
Players have a split second to make a decision.

He had a split second, and ended up making the wrong decision. Just like defenders and goalies, who make mistakes that then punish us.

There's no point commenting on what might have happened if Keane had missed, cos Lang didn't pass it to him.

Otobar is clearly injured and isn't good enough when fully fit nevermind bandaged up like racehorse.
He is a pub league standard player at best and should never be in the starting line up unless we are down to 11 fit players.
I know we are scraping the bottom of the barrell at the moment, but surely there is better than him in the squad.
Its frighening how far out of his depth he is.

He had a split second, and ended up making the wrong decision. Just like defenders and goalies, who make mistakes that then punish us.

There's no point commenting on what might have happened if Keane had missed, cos Lang didn't pass it to him.

Then there's no point commenting on Lang not passing to Keane, two way street.

Then there's no point commenting on Lang not passing to Keane, two way street.

Of course there's a point. Keane was way better placed to score.

I tell you what then, I'll comment. If Keane had missed, no, I wouldn't say Lang should have taken it himself, as he had no angle, and two players to get the ball past.

Otobar is clearly injured and isn't good enough when fully fit nevermind bandaged up like racehorse.
He is a pub league standard player at best and should never be in the starting line up unless we are down to 11 fit players.
I know we are scraping the bottom of the barrell at the moment, but surely there is better than him in the squad.
Its frighening how far out of his depth he is.

That was my point on the piss poor substitution.

Didn’t watch the game so can’t comment. But mate just texted. And said it was awfull.

It's all opinions John, me n my 19 year old just watched it and at the final whistle he said "pity we didn't win it but entertaining enough, both teams tried to have a go".
I've a feeling a lot of folk still haven't reset their "quality bar" and therefore expectations are high and they are ultimately disappointed.
My "quality bar" was reset months ago so I was reasonably happy with a battling performance against a team with play off aspirations. Each to their own.
We are a bottom end League one team.

Of course there's a point. Keane was way better placed to score.

I tell you what then, I'll comment. If Keane had missed, no, I wouldn't say Lang should have taken it himself, as he had no angle, and two players to get the ball past.

But earlier you said Lang could have won the game for us with a pass to Keane, denying us a win.

If Keane had missed would Lang have denied us the win?

But earlier you said Lang could have won the game for us with a pass to Keane, denying us a win.

If Keane had missed would Lang denied us the win?

Given his position, the absence of a marker, and the open goal in front of him, Keane was more likely to score than not.

By not passing, and then not scoring himself, Lang denied us (the chance of) a win.

Didn’t watch the game so can’t comment. But mate just texted. And said it was awfull.
It was poor, but to be fair it was far better than some performances this season and only marginally worse than most of the other matches.
We have improved, but I will be suprised but pleasantly pleased if we stay up.
A major rebuild will be necessary whichever league we are in as 75% of this team is not good enough for this league, and 50% midght not be good enough for League 2.

Don't know why he is worried. I am more worried that we only mustered up two more shots on target in 96 minutes.

... against a decent team with a solid defence. We aren't going to just roll teams over, we gave it a go but didn't have the quality to get the win, but I'm still happy enough with the effort and overall performance. They barely threatened our goal either and despite us missing key players through injury still matched a team with play off aspirations.

Given his position, the absence of a marker, and the open goal in front of him, Keane was more likely to score than not.

By not passing, and then not scoring himself, Lang denied us (the chance of) a win.

No disrespect to Keane but had he missed that golden opportunity would Lang still have cost us a win?

Well I thought it was a thoroughly entertaining 0-0 We matched a team with promotion ambitions and were a shade unlucky not to win it. George Johnson had a stormer and Callum Lang continues to impress. My take is that we make too many wrong decisions when in possession and give it away far too much. Today was far far better than Accie, but we are what we are a very poor side in a very poor league.

As Arthur says it is a matter of opinion and in my opinion the game was fought out by two teams who were intent on winning three points but lacked the necessary skills to break the other down. Neither team showed any composure up front and lacked the ability to dominate the game. Both teams had opportunities to win the game but in the end I think both managers will be happy to come away with a point.

MoM for me was George Johnston who once again showed that he is a versatile player and a very solid performer. Alongside Curtis Tilt, who showed his commitment to the cause by returning from international duties a day earlier and still making himself available, they made a very strong CB pairing. Tendayi Darikwa had a decent game and is improving game by game and his forward runs caused a few problems for Ipswich, however his final ball needs improvement. Young Luke Robinson once again put in a solid shift but his inexperience shows in his pass selection and on a couple of occasions his wayward passing caused us problems, but I have no doubt he will improve.

Midfield has been a problem this season as we lacked experienced heads able to slow play down when necessary and pick out a pass when needed. In Evans and Ojo I think we have solved the problem as both had decent games with Evans spraying the ball wide to Darikwa to release him and set up a crossing opportunity.

Aasgaard looked good again playing in the central role but once again his lack of experience allowed the Ipswich players to crowd him out and snuff out the danger when he was in possession. Viv SO flatters to deceive and his control let him down today, although once again I have to applaud him for wanting to play even though he was heavily strapped up and this clearly hampered his pace.

Will Keane worked hard but doesn't challenge enough for the high balls and is a poor substitute for Proctor, he is a much better number 10, playing off the main striker. Unfortunately for Will he is also second best as a No,10 to Callum Lang who once again makes you ask the question "why was he out on loan for the first half of the season". His running with the ball directly at defenders causes panic and he was unlucky today not to have got a penalty, his energy is boundless and his enthusiasm rubs off on other players whilst his willingness to show for the ball gives the defence and midfield options.

Now to the scapegoat for many JJ.

I thought he commanded his area today and marshalled the defence well making a couple of decent interceptions and clearing the ball under pressure. His near post block saved the points when they did eventually get past the defence, and although you would expect him to make the block I still believe it was worth the mention.

To sum up, it was not one for the purists but given the performance last weekend it was certainly an improvement and pre match that is all I could ask for. A win would have been a great result, but at this stage of the season, and considering three points would have seen Ipswich back in to the play off places at the start of play, I'll take the point, the performance, and look to build on that against Gillingham.

As Arthur says it is a matter of opinion and in my opinion the game was fought out by two teams who were intent on winning three points but lacked the necessary skills to break the other down. Neither team showed any composure up front and lacked the ability to dominate the game. Both teams had opportunities to win the game but in the end I think both managers will be happy to come away with a point.

MoM for me was George Johnston who once again showed that he is a versatile player and a very solid performer. Alongside Curtis Tilt, who showed his commitment to the cause by returning from international duties a day earlier and still making himself available, they made a very strong CB pairing. Tendayi Darikwa had a decent game and is improving game by game and his forward runs caused a few problems for Ipswich, however his final ball needs improvement. Young Luke Robinson once again put in a solid shift but his inexperience shows in his pass selection and on a couple of occasions his wayward passing caused us problems, but I have no doubt he will improve.

Midfield has been a problem this season as we lacked experienced heads able to slow play down when necessary and pick out a pass when needed. In Evans and Ojo I think we have solved the problem as both had decent games with Evans spraying the ball wide to Darikwa to release him and set up a crossing opportunity.

Aasgaard looked good again playing in the central role but once again his lack of experience allowed the Ipswich players to crowd him out and snuff out the danger when he was in possession. Viv SO flatters to deceive and his control let him down today, although once again I have to applaud him for wanting to play even though he was heavily strapped up and this clearly hampered his pace.

Will Keane worked hard but doesn't challenge enough for the high balls and is a poor substitute for Proctor, he is a much better number 10, playing off the main striker. Unfortunately for Will he is also second best as a No,10 to Callum Lang who once again makes you ask the question "why was he out on loan for the first half of the season". His running with the ball directly at defenders causes panic and he was unlucky today not to have got a penalty, his energy is boundless and his enthusiasm rubs off on other players whilst his willingness to show for the ball gives the defence and midfield options.

Now to the scapegoat for many JJ.

I thought he commanded his area today and marshalled the defence well making a couple of decent interceptions and clearing the ball under pressure. His near post block saved the points when they did eventually get past the defence, and although you would expect him to make the block I still believe it was worth the mention.

To sum up, it was not one for the purists but given the performance last weekend it was certainly an improvement and pre match that is all I could ask for. A win would have been a great result, but at this stage of the season, and considering three points would have seen Ipswich back in to the play off places at the start of play, I'll take the point, the performance, and look to build on that against Gillingham.

... against a decent team with a solid defence. We aren't going to just roll teams over, we gave it a go but didn't have the quality to get the win, but I'm still happy enough with the effort and overall performance. They barely threatened our goal either and despite us missing key players through injury still matched a team with play off aspirations.
I don't expect us to roll any side over. We are struggling at the bottom because we have one of the weakest squads in the league. So long as we give it a go is important but two shots on target in 96 minutes is not going to get us up to finish fifth from bottom. Ipswich were depleted too and since Cook went there are struggling to get wins so have been slipping away from contention and like Stanley last week are not exactly buzzing. Today was another of those games where if you were to expect three points then this was one of the games. Alas two shots on target is not going to do it.