Leam Richardson v Paul Cook | Page 2 | Vital Football

Leam Richardson v Paul Cook

We will do well to get a point today, although I suspect Cookies boys will walk away with all three.

After last week a performance is more important than the points for me. I was very disappointed last week and thought we let ourselves down. We need to be on the front foot from the off today and look to take the game to them. I hope we set up to play our own game and not to neutralise Ipswich, we have players capable of playing decent football and need to play to our strengths and not weaken ourselves to prevent Ipswich playing their game.

A sneaky 1-0 for me, with an agonising finish as we hang on.

No Wooton, Aasgaard starts.

Latics: Jones (Capt); Darikwa, Johnston, Tilt, Robinson; Ojo, Evans; Aasgaard, Lang, Solomon-Otabor; Keane.
Subs:
Evans, Whelan, Clough, Gardner, Dodoo, Perry, Long.

Ipswich Town: Holy, Ward, Chambers (Capt), Edwards, Norwood, Bishop, Judge, Sears, Nsiala, Dozzell, Vincent-Young.
Subs:
Cornell, Woolfenden, Skuse, Jackson, Hawkins, Harrop, Dobra.

Vincent-Young playing his 1st game for 17 months.... Can't be match fit, good team out us im changing my 1 nil win prediction to a 4-2 win.

An improvement on last week so far , even game so far , Tilt looks solid but I'm expecting a mistake to be made just hope it's not costly. Aasgaard looks decent, Will Keane an improvement on Dodoo but still sloppy and does not do enough.

Evans had a quality half, best he's played all season for me.

Looked dangerous on the counter just not made enough of any of them except the floated cross from Viv that Lang almost got on the end of. Forgot Lang slipped Keane through nicely aswell.

They're pressing better then we our which leaves the gaps when we play past the inital phase of their press, had time and space but either the pass was poor or the wrong decision made. Still much better than 5 at the back like the last game.

Probably had the best chance of the game but on the whole quite even so far. Robinson and Darikwa although they both look solid defending, neither of them have managed to make a good pass going forward. Robinson needs to be more precise with his passes whilst Darinkwa needs to beat the first defender when he makes his crosses. I still think it's there for the winning and the other results are going in our favour.

Will Keane hardly been in the game, never leaves the ground when challenging for high balls. We miss Proctor, but unfortunately he seems to be either prone to injury or has been carrying a knock since joining us.

High points for me are the performance of Johnston and Callum Lang's effort and enthusiasm. Darikwa seems solid against Sears who usually gives us problems.