Leam Richardson v Paul Cook | Page 10 | Vital Football

Leam Richardson v Paul Cook

Do we get a cut of the £1.8M profit they made?

Yes there was apparently a sell on.

Not sure if it's ever been confirmed what the percentage was but it seems some of the other admin sales were in the 20% region.

So if the rumoured numbers are all correct we could be getting something like 360k.

Yes there was apparently a sell on.

Not sure if it's ever been confirmed what the percentage was but it seems some of the other admin sales were in the 20% region.

So if the rumoured numbers are all correct we could be getting something like 360k.
Still a pittance but a welcome boost, wonder if that gave us the firepower to trump Charlton's bid/wage package for Kerr?

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/spor...-wednesday-wigan-athletic-and-wycombe-3395372

'We're the biggest and best club in the league' -

Ipswich Town manager Paul Cook has this message for Sunderland, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan Athletic and Wycombe.

If they are the biggest and best club in the league with the best squad - then what does it say about the manager that they've only won 1 of the 9 games this season?

Sounds like he's accidentally admitting he is the issue at Ipswich.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/spor...-wednesday-wigan-athletic-and-wycombe-3395372

'We're the biggest and best club in the league' -

Ipswich Town manager Paul Cook has this message for Sunderland, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan Athletic and Wycombe.
Sunderland are huge but being huge doesn't guarantee promotion. Sunderland have squandered millions trying to buy promotion in the past few years and have failed. Hopefully a Wigan Wycombe 1,2 as we are two of the smaller clubs amongst the favourites.
Still a pittance but a welcome boost, wonder if that gave us the firepower to trump Charlton's bid/wage package for Kerr?
A pittance maybe but more than we get off the lodgers and we have huge overheads to fork out for those parasites.

While we would argue that what Richardson did was a greater achievement all things considered i think they'll probably give it to Pep as he won 2 trophies and was runner up in the Champions League.

I suspect you're right, but that simply means that the criteria against which people are judged is flawed.

If winner is simply the one who wins most trophies, then that will automatically exclude around 75% (at least) of all managers, as regardless of the level (Prem, Champ, L1 or L2), you'll always have the "haves" competing against the "have nots".

From a managerial ability point of view, someone performing miracles with next to nothing is never going to compete (with regard to trophy wins) against the riches Pep has at his disposal However, from a managerial achievement point of view, in my opinion, what Richardson (and staff, and players) achieved last season goes way beyond City winning the Carabou Cup and another Premier League. I'd even put Morecambe's achievement above that of City's.

Giving trophies to trophy winners simply because of the trophies they've won (unless it's over a longer period - eg lifetime achievement) seems to me a little pointless.

Last edited:
Thanks pal you've just won me a fiver, i bet a lad at work you'd be the first to bite, a free pint of Worthy's at the match later! :guiness:

What., so you post summat that's incorrect, in the hope that someone will put you straight?

The oldest - and poorest - excuse (when proven to be wrong) is and always has been, "I was just fishing".

That said, if it makes you feel better, crack on. :rolleyes:

Back to the original title. Pretty much looks like football and tactics wise they are one of the same. No difference whatsoever.

Hope so Jeff .....you know, given that Cooky won this league when he was last in it.
😉 👍

Looks like it's down to the best players then. Either Leams copying Cooky or Visa versa as at the moment it's just like we still have Cooky in charge