Leam Richardson v Paul Cook | Page 11 | Vital Football

Leam Richardson v Paul Cook

Nobby from Ipswich says this after today's defeat at Accy

"Well you shouldn't be surprised...we have a shocking manager...you can't polish a turd...and Mr Cook is that turd..'

Nobby from Ipswich says this after today's defeat at Accy

"Well you shouldn't be surprised...we have a shocking manager...you can't polish a turd...and Mr Cook is that turd..'
Can't argue with that dick head was right
Sorry meant knob head

Last edited by a moderator:
A few teams will come a cropper at Accy this season,
too many teams think, all they are playing is 'little' Accy,
who have a small ground and a few fans.

They think, all they have to do, is turn up and walk away with 3 points.

Just seen the respective post match comments. Cook basically thrown his players under the bus and said they were shit. Leam was very calm and measured in his. Win or lose he seems very level and doesn’t let emotions get the better of him.

Just seen the respective post match comments. Cook basically thrown his players under the bus and said they were shit. Leam was very calm and measured in his. Win or lose he seems very level and doesn’t let emotions get the better of him.

Cook used to often say here 'I take full responsibility' and in the next sentence blame everyone but himself.

The job is very stressful and you need a thick skin but it always felt he couldn't handle any questioning no matter how valid. Knowing how aggressive the Ipswich press got with Lambert for failing less badly with drastically less resources I'm surprised we've not heard of Cook having a meltdown at a press conference like he did here that saw him get the Wish reported banned.

Cook used to often say here 'I take full responsibility' and in the next sentence blame everyone but himself.

The job is very stressful and you need a thick skin but it always felt he couldn't handle any questioning no matter how valid. Knowing how aggressive the Ipswich press got with Lambert for failing less badly with drastically less resources I'm surprised we've not heard of Cook having a meltdown at a press conference like he did here that saw him get the Wish reported banned.

Not sure if you saw his one from the other day but he was having a meltdown in that and was quite confrontational toward the reporter. Wouldnt be surprised if tried to get him banned as well. The problem is when you do that your team has to do the business so three days later when they’re awful he doesn’t have anywhere to go.

His Dad has recently passed away so he will be still be grieving and doesn’t appear to have any time off to come to terms with that. Couple that with the pressure he’s under due to expectations there it’s clear he will be suffering a significant amount of stress. For his own mental health he needs to find a way to take a break.

His Dad has recently passed away so he will be still be grieving and doesn’t appear to have any time off to come to terms with that. Couple that with the pressure he’s under due to expectations there it’s clear he will be suffering a significant amount of stress. For his own mental health he needs to find a way to take a break.

Absolutely spot on! Any other job you are allowed grievance leave. I imagine he hasn't had time to have a sh1t.

Cook was massively shielded during bad times at Latics for varied reasons - our club is not (mostly) toxic, the local press in Wigan wouldn't ask a challenging question and the owners weren't arsed frankly.
There is no hiding place at Ipswich as their prior managers found out.
Given his current personal situation I really do worry for Cook

Absolutely spot on! Any other job you are allowed grievance leave. I imagine he hasn't had time to have a sh1t.

I'm certain Ipswich would allow him grievance leave and for all we know he had time off and left his coaches to do all the work and just turned up for match days. He may not even want time off to think about it and wants to keep busy to keep his mind off it or even he feels like he can't due to his own sense of responsibility. Who knows but I'm certain if he wanted time off he'd be able to take it.

I was told before Cook arrived at Wigan by a reliable source that the ill health of his father was a huge part of the reason he wanted to move back to the north west so it seems his dad hasn't been well for years. With that in mind i was surprised Cook was interested in Bristol, Sunderland and eventually took the Ipswich job.