League Two Summer Business | Page 2 | Vital Football

League Two Summer Business

Jordan Moore Taylor follows Tisdale to MK Dons. Huge loss for Exeter. One of their best players over the past few seasons. On a free too.

Watson has decided to stay put - even though he no longer has a professional club to manage - after considering his options. Macclesfield were expected to announce their new manager by the end of this week, and they haven't done so. That could be two and two making five, though.

Mark Yates been appointed there. Think I would be underwhelmed if I was a Macc supporter

Update time.

Things continue to move in the £23 million loss-making part of Gloucestershire as players blow in and out like confetti at a windy wedding. Exeter continue to shed players like water off a Tisdale's back, whilst Port Vale haven't managed to find any more rubbish to sign this week. Macclesfield have a new manager who is an ex-Imp, whilst Oldham have appointed one who is a tiny bit ludicrous. Tranmere have given the ageing and desperately slow McNulty a contract for the Football League, which is almost as funny. Mansfield have signed no one for weeks despite repeated promises from John Radford's wife, whilst John Sheridan's first signing appears to have been a target because he lives near Carlisle already. Good transfer strategies all round, then.

Bury: 5 out / 3 in (1 in since last update)
Cambridge: 4 out / 2 in
Carlisle: 11 out / 1 in (1 in since last update)
Cheltenham: 11 out / 7 in
Colchester: 5 out / 6 in
Crawley: 4 out / 2 in
Crewe: 4 out / 2 in
Exeter: 9 out / 0 in (1 out since last update)
Forest Green: 15 out / 7 in (1 out, 2 in since last update)
Grimsby: 12 out / 4 in (1 in since last update)
LINCOLN: 6 out / 2 in (1 out since last update)
Macclesfield: 3 out / 3 in
Mansfield: 6 out / 2 in
MK Dons: 2 out / 1 in (1 in since last update)
Morecambe: 11 out / 2 in
Newport: 8 out / 1 in (1 out, 1 in since last update)
Northampton: 4 out / 1 in
Notts County: 11 out / 6 in (1 in since last update)
Oldham: 7 out / 1 in
Port Vale: 11 out / 6 in
Stevenage: 9 out / 7 in
Swindon: 7 out / 1 in (1 in since last update)
Tranmere: 10 out / 2 in
Yeovil: 5 out / 0 in (1 out since last update)

Jordan Moore Taylor follows Tisdale to MK Dons. Huge loss for Exeter. One of their best players over the past few seasons. On a free too.

Sounds a very strange one, evidently he had a release clause that said he could go for free if Exeter failed to get promotion which Tisdale obviously had knowledge of and probably gave him.

Someone should call Stockley’s agent and see if he has any clauses!

Update time.

Things continue to move in the £23 million loss-making part of Gloucestershire as players blow in and out like confetti at a windy wedding. Exeter continue to shed players like water off a Tisdale's back, whilst Port Vale haven't managed to find any more rubbish to sign this week. Macclesfield have a new manager who is an ex-Imp, whilst Oldham have appointed one who is a tiny bit ludicrous. Tranmere have given the ageing and desperately slow McNulty a contract for the Football League, which is almost as funny. Mansfield have signed no one for weeks despite repeated promises from John Radford's wife, whilst John Sheridan's first signing appears to have been a target because he lives near Carlisle already. Good transfer strategies all round, then.

Copying and pasting still going with a hint of attempted comedy . :lol::lol:

Update time.

Vale reportedly close to signing Oswell from Stockport and Louis Dodds.

So with 180 players released or sold in League 2 and only 69 replacements signed its going to be a busy six weeks or so coming up for managers. I wonder who will blink first - them or player's agents? I would imagine that come July 1st when players realise that they are no longer being paid their agents will start putting up the 'Sale Now On' signs.

Yes, and there are more departures due as well - a number of clubs are still awaiting responses from their own players to contract offers. I have a list of 37 of those, including players under contract who have been made available for transfer. The number of players released/sold could well top 200.

Calm before the storm over these next two or three weeks, I think.

The Radford's are apparently backing Flitcroft, but not to the extent they did Evans, which is hardly surprising. It sounds like they might have put all their eggs in on basket last season, although you'd still fancy them to be in and around the PO's.

Calm before the storm over these next two or three weeks, I think.

The Radfords are apparently backing Flitcroft, but not to the extent they did Evans, which is hardly surprising. It sounds like they might have put all their eggs in on basket last season, although you'd still fancy them to be in and around the PO's.

They said at a fans' forum a few weeks ago that the budget is the same as Evans had. Having said that, six of his 2017 summer signings are on the transfer list, so perhaps Flitcroft's budget actually depends on being able to move those six out. With them being Evans' signings, they will be on a fair wage between them.

Things have suddenly started to move in League Two with a flurry of signings. All 24 League Two clubs return for pre-season training next week and many have training camps planned for the week after that. With the transfer deadline arriving three weeks earlier this season, it is about to get very busy. Tranmere, Exeter, Carlisle, Forest Green, Grimsby, Swindon, Morecambe and Notts County have a lot to do:

Bury: 5 out / 4 in
Carlisle: 12 out / 3 in
Cheltenham: 12 out / 7 in
Exeter: 9 out / 0 in
Forest Green: 16 out / 7 in
Grimsby: 14 out / 5 in
LINCOLN: 6 out / 3 in
Macclesfield: 8 out / 5 in
Mansfield: 7 out / 2 in
MK Dons: 2 out / 4 in
Morecambe: 11 out / 4 in
Newport: 8 out / 4 in
Northampton: 5 out / 1 in
Notts County: 12 out / 6 in
Port Vale: 11 out / 8 in
Stevenage: 9 out / 8 in
Swindon: 7 out / 1 in
Yeovil: 5 out / 2 in

Aaron Martin signs for Exeter as a Jordan Moore Taylor replacement. I'd say an excellent signing for them.

Grimsby have signed a couple of lads too, Welsh seems a very good signing but I'd guess expensive. Hessenthaler is an interesting one, regular at League 1 level for past few seasons but can't be certain if that was due to his fathers influence or his own talents.

Welsh a good signing?!?!?!!? 34, and played 15 games in 2 years. Awful signing, on perhaps big wages.

Hess released by Gills. I actually think Grimsby's signings are the worst I have seen in this division, I think I am right in saying he has signed 5 CM's. Their biggest issue is scoring goals and they have signed a lad from Luton, who made 1 start, was absolutely slated by their fans and scored 1 goal I think in two years.

Grimsby for the drop.

Welsh a good signing?!?!?!!? 34, and played 15 games in 2 years. Awful signing, on perhaps big wages.

Hess released by Gills. I actually think Grimsby's signings are the worst I have seen in this division, I think I am right in saying he has signed 5 CM's. Their biggest issue is scoring goals and they have signed a lad from Luton, who made 1 start, was absolutely slated by their fans and scored 1 goal I think in two years.

Grimsby for the drop.
I didn't know he'd played that little. My mistake. He has good pedigree but the more I look at it the worse transfer he looks. I would have been very disappointed if he'd signed for Lincoln.

I agree that Grimsby will struggle this season. In the relegation battle again. Whitehouse may regret that 2 year deal.

Grimsby for the drop.
Lets hope so! However they are dreaming big on the Fishy plus all thoose boycotting season tkts arent anymore!

They are done as a club.
Need to drift off in to NL, were lucky last year, unless they get goals from somewhere they will drop.