League Table Telling The Truth | Vital Football

League Table Telling The Truth

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Well all three NL play off games have gone the way of the team that finished higher in the final league table. Can Pools buck this trend and prove the league table does sometimes get it wrong?

Guess the results prove the value of having a home tie.
Just got to hope Pools can frustrate Stockport to the extent that the home support get on their teams case to give us a chance of snatching an unlikely victory!

Indeed. Our defence will need to have one of those days when things go their way. It certainly wont be like at the Vic where we take a two or three goal lead and then have a rest. If we are to have any chance we need to keep it tight have a bit of luck and pinch a goal on the break. I guess that's what we tried to do at Sutton but Brad James and the ref proved to be too much. That loss to Maidenhead may yet prove to be season defining.

True the table doesn't lie.. It's daft that the team finishing 7th can potentially get promoted ahead of the one finishing second and 11 points better. Just something like a crucial injury can spoil a teams chances. All to do with money. But, as long as e are in with a shout I won't knock it.

Yes. I was secretly thinking Stockport were unbeaten for 18 games and were due a loss and their home record is not all that good but I was too scared to say it in public. Still hasn't sunk in.