League suspension | Vital Football

League suspension

crooktownmags

Vital Squad Member
Now that matches have been suspended what are peoples thoughts as to what will happen. It seems likely this virus is gonna take a few months at least to work its way through (whatever that means) so its hard to see when the rest of the current season could be played out. Equally I can't imagine they can just take the leagues as they are now because how would the relegated teams react? If they void this season - which seems to me the pragmatic way - how would the teams in promotion places react. How would the bin dippers react? (be great mind).

I can't see an easy way out of this situation for the football authorities.

The right decision has eventually fallen into the premier league's lap.

If anyone had any sense though, this enforced break could allow the Qatar World Cup schedule to be incorporated a bit better with structured start/finish times over the next 3 seasons.

This bloody bit worse than flu shite better clear up before November - got a big event lined up. A tad concerned. Which is probably the level the UK government is at.

This is just the beginning and allowing Cheltenham to go ahead was a serious mistake imo, yes the vast majority of people will recover but a % will die and a number who recover will be left with the disability of emysphema. I cant see this season being concluded and i feel sorry for the smaller clubs who cant take the financial hit, perhaps the big boys will help them out but i doubt it. I reckon old Boris sees this as an opportunity to get rid of a load of older people and those with health issues that can be the only reason that the UK is waiting before closing things down.

Looking at some of the stats about mortality with this virus that have been given it would suggest if you are under 20 years old it's nothing more than a heavy cold and no casualties up to now. It's the over sixties that are more at risk and the higher the age the more chance you have of being a casualty. I just hope the younger generation cope.

Looking at some of the stats about mortality with this virus that have been given it would suggest if you are under 20 years old it's nothing more than a heavy cold and no casualties up to now. It's the over sixties that are more at risk and the higher the age the more chance you have of being a casualty. I just hope the younger generation cope.
That's the only question I've asked myself mac.
People will obviously make up their own minds (based on the media) but It's bollocks as far as i'm concerned and the medical stats agree.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/annual-flu-reports

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-people-dying-from-flu-in-uk-than-last-winter

Chances are, most of us have probably already had this over the Winter and put it down to nowt but a sniffle.

*hopefully...

On saying that, ive known nowt like this is my lifetime so it's either a case of it being a proper hardcore virus and the government allowing the weeding out of the old/underlying medically ill in a type of ethnic cleansing or this is a step up by the world police in their ways of creating new scripts.

Dont think you can compere this to AIDS Pie, not much chance of your 80 year old granny getting AIDS

Dont think you can compere this to AIDS Pie, not much chance of your 80 year old granny getting AIDS
She's from the Cruddas Park of the 70's Bruce,that's all i'm saying....

Just in case you are being serious though,my point refers more to the the fear the media is spreading rather than the similarities of the virus to aids.

There is no way it can be justified in comparison to the number of deaths and even less credible when the ages and medical state of the unfortunate victims are revealed.

All that pales into insignificance if PK's scenario of the scousers ending up with with nowt becomes reality. :grinning:

I work in Education and we have been told to get work ready for our students for a two week period. I think with Easter not too far away they will try to keep schools functioning. It will depend on staffing issues if people decide to self isolate as a precaution then the goal posts may change. Shutting schools would have long term difficulties for many families including chid care issues for younger pupils and the exam season is coming so would students be able to sit those. If not the knock on effects for students and the system in general could be difficult to deal with.