League suspension | Page 2 | Vital Football

League suspension

It would be morally and legally wrong for football to just become null and void considering how far down the line this season we are.

For your 'Liverpool', you have Leeds and Coventry who have been mentioned in the list by Derek Llambias in clubs who we could have become. Both seeing massively hard times where their club could have went under and in Coventry's case they dont have their own ground. Promotion is justice for their fans in sticking by them.

No matter how long this enforced break is for, the season can just continue on to a finish and use the forthcoming Qatar World Cup to stagger seasons around it.

The fact there was a 6 year break during world war 2 before things went back to normal proves it's more than just about the tv companies and if any good thing comes out of this then it could be the bubble finally bursting and it going back to the fans.

Don't think it's a simple as that Toony

What about players contracts coming to an end at the end of the season?

Don't think it's a simple as that Toony

What about players contracts coming to an end at the end of the season?

This is the only sticking point as far as im concerned although surely there could be some sort of deal made where contracts are extended. Maybe stop contracts from the date of the forthcoming meeting and whatever time left they have on them, they get when the leagues resume.

In the meanwhile, players going on basic pay or something but getting the same amount that they were expecting over the year, by the time their contract is up.

Never really understood this "Bin dipper" mentality on here.
Played the most exquisite football all season,brilliant to watch compared to the shit being served up at the tat arena.Klopp v doubtfire,there's a comparison.

Meanwhile fat boy is probably rubbing his trotters,safe in his fkn mediocrity,safe for another season,toon toon!

By and large I agree Rytoon (although I have long suspected they either get a lot of decisions in their favour or get away with a lot- newsflash refs/linesmen/VAR: they don’t need the help!!) but not really got an axe to grind against them. In fact Mrs Finn and I owe the city of Liverpool itself a huge amount of gratitude.

Watching the sweat on the plakka-pool followers at work, however (and there’s a lot of them!) is somewhat amusing!

and yes - win-win again for the porcine one.

Well it seems this could be in for a long haul with this virus especially us old buggers who clog up the system

Never really understood this "Bin dipper" mentality on here.
Played the most exquisite football all season,brilliant to watch compared to the shit being served up at the tat arena.Klopp v doubtfire,there's a comparison.

Meanwhile fat boy is probably rubbing his trotters,safe in his fkn mediocrity,safe for another season,toon toon!

I actually like the City and the People, it’s the ‘fans’ who’ve never been within 50 miles of Anfield, the media love in, the fact that every single football programme is littered with their ex-players spouting unbelievable biased shite, see Danny Murphy. Added to that I’m convinced their supporters are everywhere, especially the VAR panel, some of the decisions they get have been ridiculous. In short, they can fuck off.

Finish this season even if it ends at Xmas, euros have already been postponed until next year. Cancel next season altogether and start again in August 2021.

Depends on a lot of things they will only start playing again even behind closed doors if it is deemed safe to do so for the players and officials alike. I guess time will tell as they say.

The problem I see with cancelling next season is that it will surely blow holes in the clubs business planning. Clubs will have already spent (or committed) next seasons TV money and sky and co. won't pay unless there is a product. Going to be difficult to get 2 teams on the pitch too unless every player and support staff can be tested clear. I find it hard to see how they will get this done any time soon. Some really difficult decisions to be made.

So the FA in their wisdom have scrapped the non league games for this season and expunged all records of appearances and scorers. Supporters who follow lower league teams like South Shields must be devastated after beating United of Manchester to go 12 points clear at the top and have it all null and void now. The club and players must wonder now if anything can be done. FA have screwed this up good and proper.

So the FA in their wisdom have scrapped the non league games for this season and expunged all records of appearances and scorers. Supporters who follow lower league teams like South Shields must be devastated after beating United of Manchester to go 12 points clear at the top and have it all null and void now. The club and players must wonder now if anything can be done. FA have screwed this up good and proper.

They should do that with ALL divisions then but no, god forbid they piss off the scousers.

Cheats never prosper.