League Reform Plans | Vital Football

League Reform Plans

The big 6 plus a specific 3 in order to get it voted through. A "gift" for the FA!
The whole thing reeks of corruption.
One thing for sure, it won't benefit the likes of Lincoln in the long run. As Clive said, if there are strings attached to the money, keep it.

Financially I don't think the EFL will be able to refuse this. They will have to lose 2 teams from league 2 over a couple of years but the £ signs are seductive.

It's basically designed to create more space in the calendar for the precious darlings at the top, which we all know will quickly be filled with lucrative tours to China/US/Middle East or an even more convoluted European competition. I'm sure once we start examining the small print it will also show a retrenchment of power amongst the top few big names, or more accurately, their multi-national, multi-billionaire owners.

Spectacular arrogance, corruption and self-interest. Yep, it’s another proposal to reform the game from the ‘Big Six’ (who only happen to be the Big Six if you started watching football in 2011).....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54499998

Blimey your bitterness towards Man City is never ending isn’t it?

Perusing the details, it’s probably as good as it’s going to get regarding the bailout clubs are seeking to tide them over till fans are allowed back in, although I can’t see Boris & Co letting that happen anytime soon?

I say as good as it’s going to get, cynical me says its blackmail (of sorts) 🤔

Blimey your bitterness towards Man City is never ending isn’t it?

Perusing the details, it’s probably as good as it’s going to get regarding the bailout clubs are seeking to tide them over till fans are allowed back in, although I can’t see Boris & Co letting that happen anytime soon?

I say as good as it’s going to get, cynical me says its blackmail (of sorts) 🤔

Bitter? About Man City? They aren’t important enough to get bitter about.

The deal is blackmail. And not that ‘generous’ an offer if you consider 18 teams means the TV money only goes 18 ways and not 20 - so they’ll have made that £250m back in no time.

Plus this is being undertaken and proposed by American businessmen. Franchises ahoy in due course plus of course no relegations if you are one of the nine clubs

Bitter? About Man City? They aren’t important enough to get bitter about.

The deal is blackmail. And not that ‘generous’ an offer if you consider 18 teams means the TV money only goes 18 ways and not 20 - so they’ll have made that £250m back in no time.

I’ve lost count of the digs over the years, and if they are not that important why the username? 🤔

I agree with the latter btw, but under the current climate I see little alternative? I wonder if Hortin will go after this in the same way he did Soriano over B Teams?

I’ve lost count of the digs over the years, and if they are not that important why the username? 🤔

I agree with the latter btw, but under the current climate I see little alternative? I wonder if Hortin will go after this in the same way he did Soriano over B Teams?

Easy way to get rid of B teams, or am I being simple.
No league breaks for Prem teams during a international weekend unless your squad is less than 35 registered players.

Well if I need any advice on changing embarrassing user names I know who to come to 😉.

Ha ha, we all know where Hortins loyalties lie. Genuine question (and for others with two teams) - how much are you willing to see Lincoln shafted to the point of extinction for the benefit of seeing Liverpool, Man United or Man City continue their relative dominance of English and European football?

btw it does look like a dig at Citeh but the point was about cycles in football. What if the ‘big’ clubs wanted to pull the drawbridge up before Citeh were part of the elite club?

Not long before the Premier League as we know it will be defunct.

Top 6 clubs (however that is worked out) will breakaway and form a European league.

Not sure when it will happen but it will.

If the Big 6 are pushing his then in the long run it is no good for the likes of us, these teams have no interest in the likes of a Lincoln, they will keep pushing for B teams to be in the EFL and personally I am sick of it.

it is all about money, money,money!!!

The thing with a big 6 break away to join a European League is how many of they could justify being within the top 20 clubs in European football. Two I'd suggest. So the rest would be in the second division equivalent. Hope that Man U and Arsenal enjoy their away league game at Shakhtar Donetsk

The thing with a big 6 break away to join a European League is how many of they could justify being within the top 20 clubs in European football. Two I'd suggest. So the rest would be in the second division equivalent. Hope that Man U and Arsenal enjoy their away league game at Shakhtar Donetsk

Well it’s a sad indictment of the state of European football that the quality of the teams is irrelevant. It’s who has got the richest owners, and who can continue to harvest the most money.

Man United have been shit for three years but as long as they are pulling in noodle and tyre partners in the Far East, who cares?