League One & Two Signings | Page 4 | Vital Football

League One & Two Signings

Sunderland resigns Danny Graham.
He must have taken a hell of a pay cut to fall in with the salary cap .
Unless of course, they are doing a Saracens and hoping that promotion will mitigate it, as in ffp issues.

Not a L1 or L2 signing, but massively affects a L2 club.

Just reading that Aston Villa are close to signing Olly Watkins from Brentford for (reported) £28 mill possibly rising to £33 mill !!

Exeter are apparently due 15% sell on. And it would therefore make it the biggest ever transfer fee received by Brentford AND Exeter.

I’m wondering if it’s also a record fee paid by Villa? Anyone know?

Finally, why weren’t we in for him? Another target gone while Brandon dithers. FFS Sort it someone!

Not a L1 or L2 signing, but massively affects a L2 club.

Just reading that Aston Villa are close to signing Olly Watkins from Brentford for (reported) £28 mill possibly rising to £33 mill !!

Exeter are apparently due 15% sell on. And it would therefore make it the biggest ever transfer fee received by Brentford AND Exeter.

I’m wondering if it’s also a record fee paid by Villa? Anyone know?

Finally, why weren’t we in for him? Another target gone while Brandon dithers. FFS Sort it someone!

With a £4.2 million windfall , surely Exeter could afford Hanlan ?

This must be a first I agree with Joey Barton.A logical and valid argument.
https://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/sp...les-player-stockpiling-well-cap-wages-2969208
A simple way might be to stop teams loaning out more than say ten players a season.We are only allowed 5 in our squad. So why should a team be allowed to loan out 60 or more players.Stopping this practice will reduce the vast numbers of young talented players being hovered up.

Last edited:
That’s life changing money for a club like Exeter.
I might change my mind about league two and switch from FGR.

It certainly is but I doubt if the money is paid in one lump sum. Probably paid in instalments. Even if that's the case any owner would love to have that planned income.