League One & Two Signings | Page 3 | Vital Football

League One & Two Signings

Seems that Ipswich Town are about to sign striker Ollie Hawkins from Portsmouth. Hawkins is a tall lad and did pretty well in the National League but he failed to impress at Pompey and was rarely in the starting forward line. TBH, i`d have been a bit disappointed had GFC signed him; we were rumoured to be "interested" in him.

FMD!!

EFL ZONE on twitter -
#BrentfordFC have had a £10million bid for #PeterboroughUnited striker Ivan Toney accepted
#BFC #PUFC

£10mill for a L1 striker? WTAF? Madness.

FMD!!

EFL ZONE on twitter -
#BrentfordFC have had a £10million bid for #PeterboroughUnited striker Ivan Toney accepted
#BFC #PUFC

£10mill for a L1 striker? WTAF? Madness.
If he takes them to the premier league it will be a bargain.If they get relegated they will look pretty dumb.

Last edited:
Apparently Peterboro are about to sign Jonson Clarke Harris from Bristol Rovers. Twitter rumours, but quite strong.

They must be splashing some cash there. I’d have thought JCH was Championship bound. And if staying in L1 I reckon Gas have just as big a chance of going up this season as Posh. They’ve built a decent squad there.

Sean Raggett, who many fans wanted Gills to sign, has instead joined Pompey on a 2 year deal.

If Sean wasn't born in the Medway Towns then I doubt any Gillingham fans would actually care. Always seemed to me that the main reason for people wanting the club to sign him is because of the "he is a local lad playing for his local club" sentiment.

I see Pompey signed Cameron Prings, a LB from Bristol City.

And with Sean Ragget a CB also signed hopefully that means they have no interest in Connor.

According to hulls manage he (Jones) has had medical already, and it’s a permanent deal
For me O'Connor was the better player by the time the season was stopped such was his impressive improvement. Although it will be interesting to see where Jones plays.

Attacking midfielder Mark Duffy from Sheffield United to Fleetwood - quality signing.

I think Fleetwood have assembled a quality side again. Especially in the attacking half (reverse of us, they probably need some decent defenders).

Love or loathe Joey Barton, he seems able to attract decent players, even if it is also because he has a bigger budget there.

Little old Fleetwood, the Cods come the end of the season will be below Blackpool in the league, that I am certain.

Pool for promotion, if not I will buy a Gills season ticket for the following year.

That`s bold, Whitstable. Barton learned a lot from last season, outside the tunnel as well as inside (:hehe:) , and his team will be in the top six, for sure. I`d say they`ll finish above Blackpool.

Nice bait being thrown but, if you`re not careful, you`ll have Nobbers` thinking they`re now behind the Cod as principal foes.

That`s bold, Whitstable. Barton learned a lot from last season, outside the tunnel as well as inside (:hehe:) , and his team will be in the top six, for sure. I`d say they`ll finish above Blackpool.

Nice bait being thrown but, if you`re not careful, you`ll have Nobbers` thinking they`re now behind the Cod as principal foes.
Blackpool are currently above Fleetwood and us on alphabetical order.