League One Transfers: January 2021 | Page 3 | Vital Football

League One Transfers: January 2021

I suspect he will have accrued more points than Montsma. He has played in the top league in France, Belgium, Norway, Sweden and Denmark, has played 7 times in European competition, been in a team that won the Danish League at least once (winning the golden boot that year) and represented Denmark at u16, u17, u18, u19 & u21 level.
U21 caps ten years ago... do you still get points for those, what a strange system. both players enter the English game at the same level. I suppose it remains to be seen who makes the biggest impact on league 1, and who has the most room to develop. And who scores the most goals )))

U21 caps ten years ago... do you still get points for those, what a strange system. both players enter the English game at the same level. I suppose it remains to be seen who makes the biggest impact on league 1, and who has the most room to develop. And who scores the most goals )))

Points are scored for senior and talented young players based on:
• Senior and youth international appearances
• Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
• Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes

So,
for a) Schwartz gets points, Montsma doesn't,
for b) Schwartz gets points, Montsma doesn't,
for c) Schwartz has over 250 appearances at a higher level, including continental competition, so gets more points than Montsma

Basically, any points system is based on already having done something and therefore works against anyone who hasn't. Although the aim is to give an 'in' to some high quality younger players, unless they have already been swept up by a big European club, or regularly played junior international and senior football at a young age.

Oddly it looks like a system that supports existing Premier League recruitment. Who would have thought it????

Points are scored for senior and talented young players based on:
• Senior and youth international appearances
• Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
• Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes

So,
for a) Schwartz gets points, Montsma doesn't,
for b) Schwartz gets points, Montsma doesn't,
for c) Schwartz has over 250 appearances at a higher level, including continental competition, so gets more points than Montsma

Basically, any points system is based on already having done something and therefore works against anyone who hasn't. Although the aim is to give an 'in' to some high quality younger players, unless they have already been swept up by a big European club, or regularly played junior international and senior football at a young age.

Oddly it looks like a system that supports existing Premier League recruitment. Who would have thought it????
I understand that the points system favours the old fella, I just don’t see why there is a points system in the first place.
I would prefer that each club - as an independent private entity - should be free to do their research on whoever they like, and risk their funds on whoever they feel is best for their business.

I understand that the points system favours the old fella, I just don’t see why there is a points system in the first place.
I would prefer that each club - as an independent private entity - should be free to do their research on whoever they like, and risk their funds on whoever they feel is best for their business.
So would 48% of us who wanted Free movement in the EU unfortunately that is gone, we now get point scoring.

BREXIT

It isn’t just a brexit issue. Hasn’t there always been a degree point scoring outside the eu... I.e. signing South Africans, or South Americans...

Yes, but that now applies to all EU countries as well. Given that's our nearest, biggest football market, it's mostly a Brexit issue for clubs like us.

It isn’t just a brexit issue. Hasn’t there always been a degree point scoring outside the eu... I.e. signing South Africans, or South Americans...
It is a Brexit thing, as you say outside of the EU we had a point scoring now we have it when trading with the EU, due to Brexit, just like any other type of business. Well unless you want to grade spuds then I am sure we will have a way out of the scoring and minimum wage for a few months a year.

It is a Brexit thing, as you say outside of the EU we had a point scoring now we have it when trading with the EU, due to Brexit, just like any other type of business. Well unless you want to grade spuds then I am sure we will have a way out of the scoring and minimum wage for a few months a year.
my point is... I am disagreeing with the point scoring issue in general. )))

Much agriculture labour has come from the EU. I'm truly looking forward to newly-redundant Brexit voters being forced by Job Centre+ into back-breaking farm labour whilst whining "I didn't vote for this!"

Fuck 'em.

Yes. That is why we don't have a particularly large number of quality South Americans and Asians. We do have some Africans, but a lot of those are here on dual citizenships and as a result of link-ups with clubs in ex-colonial controlling Countries (e.g. ex French and Portuguese Colonies. In 2002/3 players from Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Senegal, Ivory Coast and Morocco represented 58.7 per cent of the footballers recruited by European clubs in Africa).

What Brexit does, is put all of the European players on the same footing as the rest of the world as well as making it harder for African players who get EU citizenship from playing in the UK.

Last edited: