league one so far (n/g) | Vital Football

league one so far (n/g)

markinkent

Vital Football Hero
n/g might surprise a few but though it would be interesting to talk about other clubs on this thread/

I like to wait for 10 games before deciding if the table tells us anything on how the season might unfold but I'm bored so going in early at 6/7 games.

Looks like Sunderland might finally find their form and have a successful season. I don't begrudge them that, no team has a divine right to play in any league but I think their level of support and stadium deserves more than league one.

Wigan seem to have put their problems behind then and started well.

Sometimes clubs who win promotion from league 2 kick on and win promotion again. Bolton have started the strongest which is good as I put them in my accumulator for a top 6 finish.

Surprised to see AFCW start so strongly but hope they fade (for accumulator reasons) ;-)

Sheffield Wednesday have had a mixed start so time will tell if they can go back or will be another "giants of the past" who find league one harder than they may have thought.

Down at the bottom there must be concern over winless Ipswich - I wonder how patient the new owners will be. I think they would look for an more high profile appointment but as an East Anglian resident I'm sure Steve Evans would love a crack at them. Charlton have also failed to find their feet and I'm surprised to see Doncaster so low.

Interesting to see how the table changes in the next five games.

I think Sunderland deserve to be released from League One on parole - if they get too big for their boots again they can be recalled.

Living near Ipswich I can't resist dipping into their forum now and again - even years later very few admit they were wrong to dispense with Mick McCarthy and his brand of mid-table Championship football. General view seems to be Holy wasn't that bad after all.

Donny have been playing with no strikers due to those few they have being injured. Not sure if that situation has improved for them.
It is starting to look like our draw at Wimbledon was a decent result judging on their early season form.They have certainly been scoring goals of late some of them real cracking ones too.

Last edited:
Browsing last night`s games and noticed that Pompey kept a clean sheet at Wimbledon (0-0). But what impressed me was the make-up of their back line - central back three of Ogilvie, Raggett and Carter (the new lad from Blackburn), with Romeo and Brown w/backs. That looks an incredibly good back line - and it wouldn`t be a surprise to see Pompey force`s their way into the play-off picture. Crowley putting a good team together by the look of it..

Browsing last night`s games and noticed that Pompey kept a clean sheet at Wimbledon (0-0). But what impressed me was the make-up of their back line - central back three of Ogilvie, Raggett and Carter (the new lad from Blackburn), with Romeo and Brown w/backs. That looks an incredibly good back line - and it wouldn`t be a surprise to see Pompey force`s their way into the play-off picture. Crowley putting a good team together by the look of it..

Are you trying to make us jealous?! x

Pompey fans think that failing to win at a 'no mark' club like Wimbledon is a disaster.
Many have already written off this season and quite a few are calling for a change in management.

Pompey fans think that failing to win at a 'no mark' club like Wimbledon is a disaster.
Many have already written off this season and quite a few are calling for a change in management.

We`ll see in a few weeks time. I believe it was their first game as a back 5. Might well be the best back-five in L1 IMHO.

You sure?

How would Bennett Tucker Ehmer with Jacko and Tutonda as wingbacks stack up? 😁
Eff me OSK. 😳
I think SE tried that at the beginning of the season and it was a disaster.
You can only play a wing back system if you have wing backs.
Tutonda and Jacko ain’t them.
I could see Tutonda playing advanced on the left with a full back behind him, but preferably at another club.

You sure?

How would Bennett Tucker Ehmer with Jacko and Tutonda as wingbacks stack up? 😁

Assume you`re having a G-rarff but, if not, Yep, but it`s only my opinion. One thing for sure, three of that quintet have strong links to Gillingham FC - add Tucker to the mix (for Carter) and i`d have been very happy to see them as our Back five

The ongoing horror show at Derby reinforces the necessity of fighting for points to the very end. It's almost certain that 4 will go down from our division but we don't know how many clubs might be hanging by a thread, or about to be sanctioned for breaking rules.