League One Playoffs | Vital Football

League One Playoffs

God I have an unnaturally large dislike of Wycombe. Really hope they don't go up. They were probably my most local league team growing up and went occasionally as a kid. But my god are they such a nothing club. Such dull fans and IMO a soulless stadium in the middle of nowhere. If their fans could muster up an atmosphere I'm pretty sure it'd just disappear into the hills anyway. Probably win Family Club every year because their fans don't sing/swear enough to offend the kids.

Hopefully Pompey make the final and beat them. Pompey are my second/good team because of my extended family. You know its bad when your good/Prem team were worse than your shit first team😂

Pleased for Wycombe a smaller club gives all those smaller clubs hope.

Charlton lost to Millwall tonight that leaves them in trouble.

Can you imagine if the Gills had been in the Play Offs, playing behind closed doors with the just microphones picking up the shouting from the management, the commentators would be for ever apologising or it would need to be shown after 9 o'clock watershed. :censor:

Akinfenwa hasn’t been skimping on Deliveroo since lockdown.

Akinfenwa has been doing loads of online training routines since lockdown started! Very good 2 weeks session was on BBC Sport and all his usual bits on his you tube channel! Why take the piss out of his size? Does more training than probably every pro footballer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a result for Wycombe. Fleetwood has better players but they lack discipline, for some reason (!); Wycombe really should have had six, had they played their extra man/men to better effect. Well done to them, they must have had a brilliant journey back south - good luck to them. Consolation, another "local" game for us northern exiles next season.

Akinfenwa has been doing loads of online training routines since lockdown started! Very good 2 weeks session was on BBC Sport and all his usual bits on his you tube channel! Why take the piss out of his size? Does more training than probably every pro footballer!
That was certainly true during his days with us he was still training after the rest of the team had long since disappeared.He does a incredible amount of shooting practice.

Ainsworth looked quite a picture in his black leather jacket, blue jeans and long hair - someone who’s been linked with the Gills job the last couple of times it has come up.

Those promoted this season will be back with us in due course. Hello Luton!

The huge gulf now makes it very difficult for any teams promoted from our league to establish in the Championship. Perhaps only Coventry might survive next season?

Well I was hoping Fleetwood would go up, but that's not gonna happen now.
Purely from a Gills point of view of course, because if we're having a good season, Wycombe, Oxford and Portsmouth are good relatively local away games to go to.
Pompey particularly is a good away day as we seem to be their bogey team at Fratton Park and we've had some great away days there.