League Cup | Vital Football

League Cup

Kentbee

Vital Reserves Team
Well that was fun last night, Granted they made more changes but we still played very well and demolished them after 30 minutes or so. They may say what is important is the league but a good cup run can do wonders for the club.

Defensively we still look dodgy at times particularly to long balls into our box but going forward you can't be not very impressed.

Josh Clarke the star for me last night, he does like playing there.

Onto round three and a home game would be nice.

Mustard going forward & technically on another planet. Vulnerable to crosses, high balls & physicality at the back. Chatz did great but was pressured as the game went on, more worried about the 2 CB's & getting Colin into his right position.

Clarke my MOTM too, another one like Barbet who is a bit too easy to leave out! Need to enjoy the result then step it up further on Sat, my worry with this team is if we can play this pure brand & pick up the wins we need & often deserve. We're better than our results & mustn't become like an exhibition side.

Need to get 3 points, close the window without drama & land a good draw next round. Hope we are looking at a couple of quick, strong defenders in case HD swerves.

Routinely beating the likes of Rangers / Fulham shows how far we've come, always good to watch our bees on the rise again. Be there Saturday- it matters!

Norwich at home, not really a glamour type game that seems to always avoid us but winnable I would say if we put out a strong team as chances are they won't.

Sergi is up for Norwich, so that's good enough for me. Chance to progress & no long trip north to lose on pens, I'm ok with it.

Great performance. After that Clarke, Maxime, Sawyers and Maupay have to start.

Not sure about this keeper, was dodgy in friendlies, dodgy against Wimbledon and not exactly confidence boosting last night. Nice to see we got away with Bjellend's customary drop the keeper in it accident and I am still finding it difficult to understand the fuss about Dalsgaard. Not on for long but beaten easily again, and caught out of position as is his habit.

Norwich seem to be one of those sides we just keep drawing in the cup. Not the least bit thrilled by this one.

Agree re Daniels CB, trouble is that Bentley hasn't looked assured either- when the back 4 are struggling you need the GK to step up.

Clarke was excellent at rangers-he usually plays v well when selected & I hope he plays today along with Colin,,Sawyers & Maupay.

We need to play our best right back at right back. That's Colin. Ilias did well against Wimbledon and Rangers and could cover for Henry when needed. Putting Colin at left back doesn't work and isn't fair on him either.