League Cup | Vital Football

League Cup

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Final vs Motherwell on Sunday and we have a defensive issue. Lustig and Bitton are both struggling but will be given a late fitness test to see if they can be passed fit or not. It leaves us with a bit of an issue. With Ralston still sidelined, Gamboa is our only other RB option if Lustig is unable to make the game. Equally, we don't know if Gamboa is even fit. Sky Sports didn't even mention Gamboa, they only talked about Lustig and Ralston as our senior RBs.

Even if we have no fit RBs, Rodgers would often switch to a 3 man defence but we're now struggling for defenders to do that with as well. There are still a few options though. Sviatchenko could be fit enough to make a return, but do we really want to risk him making his return in the Cup Final? I would suggest not. Ajer should be available, that might be a better option than Sviatchenko. Equally Tierney could move back to be one of the back 3.

I'd go with:

Gordon
Ajer - Simunovic - Boyata
Forrest - Brown - Kouassi - Tierney
Armstrong - Sinclair
Griffiths

Subs: DDV, Sviatchenko, McGregor, Nthcam, Rogic, Dembele, Edouard

Today's team:

Gordon
Lustig - Boyata - Simunovic - Tierney
McGregor - Brown - Armstrong
Forrest - Dembele - Sinclair

Subs: DDV, Sviatchenko, Ajer, Ntcham, Rogic, Roberts, Griffiths

Lovely tribute to Phil O'Donnell at the start of this game as well! Phil O'Donnell's son brings out the trophy along with one of his sister's and one of his oldest friends, Simon Donnelly's son.

G'Day Welch! NYC was brilliant! Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Walked so much I think I came back having lost weight.....which is unusual given what we were eating sometimes! :emoticon:19
It's some place though!

Nasty challenge on Dembele! That should have been a penalty and at least a yellow card, if not a RED! Over the top of the ball and caught Dembele high!

Well it's not the most exciting first half! Getting close but no final killer pass yet. We just seem to slow our play down too much when we get to the halfway line. Once again Sinclair is doing NOTHING for us down the left! Anything that is happening on the left is being achieved thanks to Tierney!
Down the right on the other hand, Forrest is looking dangerous at times and Lustig is getting forward well too!

SInclair should have fired that shot in. I might move McGregor left and Rogic into the middle. SInclair is way off the pace today.

There it is! YYYAAASS!!! SUrgical work from Forrest curls one into the lower left corner and it's 1-0. :emoticon:14

The second half has been inspired! Rodgers must have lit a fire under them at halftime. :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01

Sorry I wasn't online for the second half Welch. Had to go round to the in-laws. Missed the first goal but saw the rest. Sinclair dived for that penalty and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets done for that afterwards and gets given a 2 game ban. Won't be much of a loss though because I still thought Sinclair was pretty shit today. He's still not found form and it's not even like they marked him that closely. He had chances and the ball came his way a number of times but he didn't do as well as he could with them. Next game I'd consider Forrest on one wing and Roberts on the other!

It wasn't a penalty or a red card but the same player should have been given a red card in the first half so kind of justice in the end. Should have scored more but we were wasteful and that was the worrying bit. Shots from distance that were sent far over the bar were too common and we didn't really worry the keeper too much.

To sum up.......glad to have won the game and the Cup again but it was not one of our best performances again AND we need to hope things are going to improve soon.

Latest Celtic News