League Cup | Vital Football

League Cup

Jonnysking

Vital 1st Team Regular
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51774854

David Moyes reckons Scottish, Welsh and Irish League teams should be able to enter a revamped League Cup competition called the British Cup.
He says also that some Premier League clubs should be able to opt out to avoid their 50 man squads becoming too tired.
I bet the Plymouth fans and team will be relishing the possibility of a 1300 mile round trip on a coach to Dingwall on a wet Tuesday evening in December to face Ross County!!!
What next? Will FA Cup matches be too tiring for these Premier League prima donnas.
They always seem okay to travel half way around the World for Super Cup and World Club Cup matches, not to mention pre season friendlies in exotic locations.
Get a grip you mardy arse tossers, you do the equivalent to three weeks work a year at most, how the fuck can you be so tired.

David Moyes reckons Scottish, Welsh and Irish League teams should be able to enter a revamped League Cup competition called the British Cup.
He says also that some Premier League clubs should be able to opt out to avoid their 50 man squads becoming too tired.
I bet the Plymouth fans and team will be relishing the possibility of a 1300 mile round trip on a coach to Dingwall on a wet Tuesday evening in December to face Ross County!!!
What next? Will FA Cup matches be too tiring for these Premier League prima donnas.
They always seem okay to travel half way around the World for Super Cup and World Club Cup matches, not to mention pre season friendlies in exotic locations.
Get a grip you mardy arse tossers, you do the equivalent to three weeks work a year at most, how the fuck can you be so tired.
I like the idea of this but should be as well as the existing cups plus bring back replays for all cup games and revive the Full Members cup and reserve league's.
There is far too little football for the size of squads.
ie look at today. Gary Roberts reaching a milestone with his fiftieth game. 50 games in almost three seasons FFS! That is stealing a living.

I like the idea of this but should be as well as the existing cups plus bring back replays for all cup games and revive the Full Members cup and reserve league's.
There is far too little football for the size of squads.
ie look at today. Gary Roberts reaching a milestone with his fiftieth game. 50 games in almost three seasons FFS! That is stealing a living.

He has only started 20, the other 29 have been substitute appearances.
I bet when you add up the minutes played, he will be lucky to have played more than 30 hours football for us in three years.
If he is on say £5000 a week, thats £260,000 a year, his hourly rate of £26,000 per hour ain't too shabby is it?

Its not a bad idea but I would suggest that the format be regionalised up to a later stage in the competition to avoid the long travelling distances.

It would be interesting to see how the clubs from the four home nations compare, for instance, are the other countries leagues as poor as many see them as and could the EFL teams cope with the conditions up the highlands or the tight grounds of the Welsh League.