The Carabao Cup Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread

Full strength side tonight, 100%. We won games like this pretty convincingly last season so a nice high scoring win would do the team a world of good going into the Sheffield game next week, which is hugely important as I think they will be battling the drop this season.

Steer
Cash Konsa Mings Targett
Douglas
McGinn Grealish
Jota Watkins Trezeguet

Are there five subs allowed? If so, bring Nakamba, Hourihane and El Ghazi on at half time. Give all the fringe players a chance to impress.

We're away again... to Bristol City or Northampton.

Assume we'll be playing on the Wednesday (or possibly Thursday) given we've got Sheff U on Monday.

He'll need to rotate the squad well.

(y) Hadnt realised that.
Strong team tonight to get some match sharpness, then rotate the lot of them for the next round.

Bang up for this.

As much as I hate to I agree with @Melon Donkey . Start strong , hopefully put the game to bed and after an hour or so rest some key players.

Steer

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Luiz

Super John Hourihane

Trez Watkins Super Jack

Full strength side and then you include Jota?

He's not even B-Side.
He's better than the other two in my opinion, especially with a pacey overlapping fullback, think he just had a lot of injury problems last season.

I'd prefer to see Traore but no chance until Monday.

Unless there's any late entries, I'm going to be unable to help anyone struggling for a stream tonight - as per usual for EFL Cup games, I can't even find a sniff of one.

I think we have to start with the same team that will start against Sheff Utd otherwise we are giving Sheff u a huge advantage in match sharpness, they will be on their 3rd competitive game when they play us. That really does make a difference this early in the season

I think we have to start with the same team that will start against Sheff Utd otherwise we are giving Sheff u a huge advantage in match sharpness, they will be on their 3rd competitive game when they play us. That really does make a difference this early in the season

It was interesting that Wolves hadn't even played a friendly before last night , yet they were much sharper that Sheffield Utd.