League Cup 1 | Page 9 | Vital Football

League Cup 1

I would like to see Placheta and Hugill in there.

I wanted Placheta too - but not in front of Onel... it's a shame they're both in the same positions, I guess either one of them is okay as they can be subbed for each other for a very good impact sub, they seem very similar players. Hugill didn't do much for me today so I think I'd go with Pukki for Hudds and see if he hits the ground running

I had wondered why we couldn't move the fixture given how many were away, but Luton commentators earlier said that both clubs had been given the option but unlike other clubs they decided they'd go ahead and play it. So you may be right BB! :grinning:

4-4-2 Krul, Quintilla, Gibson, Godfrey, Aarons, Placheta, Skipp, Dowell, Emi, Pukki, Hugill. (Bench) Mcgovern, Zimmerman, Mumbai, Hernandez, Cantwell, Idah and Martin or Sorenson.

I think emi is still suspended for next week or am I wrong?

I'd start Placheta. Full of pace and confidence. He does have the sulky look about him so with him and emi on the pitch it could be tricky

I had wondered why we couldn't move the fixture given how many were away, but Luton commentators earlier said that both clubs had been given the option but unlike other clubs they decided they'd go ahead and play it. So you may be right BB! :grinning:
It sounded like the choice would’ve been to move it to the previous Saturday which would’ve impacted on the pre-season trip to Germany, which was already arranged.

It sounded like the choice would’ve been to move it to the previous Saturday which would’ve impacted on the pre-season trip to Germany, which was already arranged.

Ah cheers Tucks that makes more sense. This may turn out a good thing in the end as I don't think anyone really cared about the cup... still frustrating all the same but lets hope the season will be a different story.

I'm trying not to be too negative about yesterday but it's hard.

Stiepermann looked disinterested, Rupp I want to like but I just don't know what he does (plus looks like vrancic from a far so I could be critical of Rupp and it vrancic and vice versa), Klose and Zimmermann didn't look too bad but Klose one knock and injured. Tettey was okay but was wasted as a defender. No pace in the central defence.

I thought Mumba was good, Dowell had good moments (looks like maddison from a far), McCallum was okay too

Hugill didn't do much but it's not great that DF game plan was to plan narrow and down the middle. I said a few weeks back that hugill will need crosses into the box which we hardly did yesterday. Same for Martin He didn't have a good game but had to come inside most of the time instead of playing on the wing.

Like last season it was all slow build up. I saw Dowell run with the ball and actually try to get attack going faster. DF must have told him to slow it down as in second half it hardly happened.

Rupp also beat near my whole team with one run but then cut inside blah blah.

I would like to see Placheta and Hugill in there.
Same. I'm sure emi is suspended so I'll go

Krul

Aarons
Gibson
Godfrey
Xavi

Tettey
Skipp

Hernandez
Dowell
Placheta

Pukki

But I think DF will revert back to some of tge otber players from last season

Krul

Aarons
Zimmermann
Godfrey
Lewis (if still here)

Tettey
McLean

Cantwell
Dowell
Hernandez

Pukki

oh hi mr drayton green how are you young man? been a while thought id have a little moan, but a lot hasnt changed for our great team.