League 2 Week 38 Away Attendances | Vital Football

League 2 Week 38 Away Attendances

StrangelyBrown

Vital Squad Member
Now the dust has settled a little, summary of yesterday's hopeful travellers.

Mansfield took the weekly title - not always travelled well this season but a good turnout down the M1.

Shout out to County for taking over 1,000 to Crewe- a shame it looks like L2 will not be hosting them next season. Carlisle fans turned out well on a 550 mile round trip whereas MK Dons fans didnt really buy into the trip to the Wirral with a poor 347 for a critical game with Tranmere.

1555227477002.png

Poor indeed by MK, then again really didn't seem that many of them last week at their own ground (despite the declared crowd).
Guess we finally knocked all hope out of them, hopefully.

Would actually be nice to see MK go bust and see if any fans would like to start them up again at the same low level they forced Wimbledon to restart at.

@StrangelyBrown, do you have a record of our away sell-outs? I'm assuming nearly half of our away games have?[/QUOTE]

OK- it is a little open to challenge as "sold out" can mean when the club declared sold out and, as often happens, a few tickets (returns) become available later BUT, in my understanding, the following were sold out away ends this season

Exeter
Notts County
Grimsby
Mansfield
Northampton
Stevenage

Thats it! We took significant numbers to MK, Cambridge, Macc, Crawley, Colchester but none we completely sold out.

Poor indeed by MK, then again really didn't seem that many of them last week at their own ground (despite the declared crowd).
Guess we finally knocked all hope out of them, hopefully.

At MK last week their fan base seemed to be either 50 years plus or fifteen and under. Not too many who would be in the 20-50 year age bracket who on the whole tend to be the away following. I guess that the reality is that they haven't got that fervent type of following post relocating