League 2 Signings | Page 7 | Vital Football

League 2 Signings

Totally agree
It’s a shame we had him when we were such a shit show with an obnoxious, confrontational manger and a bunch of fans singing how shit we are, Scally out etc.
otherwise we may have had him for the full season.

A lot is made of Cumming leaving us mid season and being loaned to MK instead, but we profited when we picked up both Robbie Cundy and Conor Masterson mid season after they had been successful while being loaned to other clubs earlier in the season.

Don't think it is that uncommon.

Stockport have signed highly rated Connor Lemonheigh-Evans from Torquay on a two year deal. Good signing that I think, he would have had options from a number of EFL clubs.

Salford City have signed striker Callum Hendry on a two-year deal, following his exit from Scottish Premiership side St Johnstone this summer.

Salford City have signed striker Callum Hendry on a two-year deal, following his exit from Scottish Premiership side St Johnstone this summer.

Saw that one earlier, Colin Hendry’s son. It’s not the first time $alford have signed someone from the SPL which makes you wonder about the quality of the lesser sides up there.

Saw that one earlier, Colin Hendry’s son. It’s not the first time $alford have signed someone from the SPL which makes you wonder about the quality of the lesser sides up there.

Yep, but having said that - Hendry`s only 24 and apparently considered a rising star. As you mention, Salford spent a lot of dosh acquiring striker Adam Rooney from Aberdeen 3 years or so ago and it proved to be a smart move. Wouldn`t be surprised to see Hendry among the leading scorers in 2022/23 L2. Can`t see Salford failing again this time around...

Yep, but having said that - Hendry`s only 24 and apparently considered a rising star. As you mention, Salford spent a lot of dosh acquiring striker Adam Rooney from Aberdeen 3 years or so ago and it proved to be a smart move. Wouldn`t be surprised to see Hendry among the leading scorers in 2022/23 L2. Can`t see Salford failing again this time around...

No, it’s going to click for them at some point isn’t it.

I won’t list them all, I’m too hot and bothered, but there’s quite a few good signings around today.

Cooled down a bit and got bored, so ok, here are the good ones:

Bradford City - Harry Chapman from Blackburn on a free. Spent time on loan with first Shrewsbury and then Burton (twice) in L1. Thought of very highly by the fans of both clubs.

Salford - Callum Hendry (as mentioned above) an exciting prospect from the SPL joining the big spenders.

Stockport County - Akil Wright midfielder from York City in the NLN, comes with the inevitable hashtag #highlyrated. Free, 2 year deal.

Northampton Town - Ben Fox a player Grimsby fans wanted to keep and think he was one of their higher earners. Free, out of contract.

I’m sure there’s someone I’ve forgotten, but yeah they all look good signings to my tired eyes.

Slightly off topic (L1 not L2).

But Peterboro today made 2x season-long loan signings.

Young Chelsea goalkeeper Lucas Bergström on a season-long loan deal.

Hull City goalkeeper Harvey Cartwright has agreed a season-long loan!

So, 2 goalkeepers on season long loans from clubs in higher divisions. What? Why? How come those clubs would be willing to loan out keepers knowing they may not actually play? Well, you’d have thought the Hull one less likely.

What is the point from Peterboro’s perspective? Surely have at least 1 of your own keepers to develop alongside a quality loan.

Seems bizarre to me. From all angles.

Slightly off topic (L1 not L2).

But Peterboro today made 2x season-long loan signings.

Young Chelsea goalkeeper Lucas Bergström on a season-long loan deal.

Hull City goalkeeper Harvey Cartwright has agreed a season-long loan!

So, 2 goalkeepers on season long loans from clubs in higher divisions. What? Why? How come those clubs would be willing to loan out keepers knowing they may not actually play? Well, you’d have thought the Hull one less likely.

What is the point from Peterboro’s perspective? Surely have at least 1 of your own keepers to develop alongside a quality loan.

Seems bizarre to me. From all angles.

Have listen to the Peterborough Chairman's podcast, which is actually goo, and he explains his clubs logic behind signing keepers. It seems many of the promoted clubs got promoted on basis of loan keepers or free transfer keepers

Have listen to the Peterborough Chairman's podcast, which is actually goo, and he explains his clubs logic behind signing keepers. It seems many of the promoted clubs got promoted on basis of loan keepers or free transfer keepers
And other chairmen's podcasts are guff. Not sure if I'd rather have goo or guff.

Does “DMac” talk about it this week? I’ll have to have a listen.

I do listen to his pod every week. Very good although he’s sometimes a bit grating with the way he talks. I can certainly see the logic in having one quality loan keeper to get a better standard than you’d get if you signed one full time (at our level). But signing 2 seems a bit OTT and means you can have less loans in other parts of the squad and also less on match day.

Does “DMac” talk about it this week? I’ll have to have a listen.

I do listen to his pod every week. Very good although he’s sometimes a bit grating with the way he talks. I can certainly see the logic in having one quality loan keeper to get a better standard than you’d get if you signed one full time (at our level). But signing 2 seems a bit OTT and means you can have less loans in other parts of the squad and also less on match day.
Or stick with one quality keeper and the youth keeper on the bench every week. 1 semi-decent wage saved.

£50k saved?