League 2 playoffs | Vital Football

League 2 playoffs

shotshy

Vital Champions League
League 2 playoffs start tonight.
I’m desperate for Exeter to win them.
With Plymouth already promoted, local (ish) games.
Weirdly, if the season had of stopped two weeks earlier, it would have been Exeter promoted and Plymouth in the playoffs.

I can understand why people would favour local-ish Colchester but i`m with you, shotshy. Fancy a trip to Exeter and a stay-over somewhere like Exmouth. Couple of ex-Gills currently with Exeter too, I think.

League 2 playoffs start tonight.
I’m desperate for Exeter to win them.
With Plymouth already promoted, local (ish) games.
Weirdly, if the season had of stopped two weeks earlier, it would have been Exeter promoted and Plymouth in the playoffs.

I've been desperate for Exeter to win the play offs for the last couple of years. Hopefully they'll do it this time.

Plenty of ex Gills on show tonight again (after Egan, Freeman and Hause in the Villa-Sheff U game)
Jackson, Norris and Nouble for Col U
Lee Martin and Brennan Dickenson for Exeter

Slimmer pickings in the second game. Only Steve Arnold and Michael Harriman for Cobblers with Joe Martin on the bench

Getting my Gills fix any way I can! Glad to see they all took the knee as well ✊

Lee Martin 👍
His parents are regulars in my 'spoons in Petts Wood. Often have a nice chat with them. Hope Exeter go up.for their sakes. Otherwise Colchester for me - fond memories of going therefrom thepromotion game in'74 to even the 0 5 in a sick masochistic kind of way.

Exeter and Cheltenham better awaydays than Northampton and Colchester. Praying it gets back to normal at some point before hell freezes over.

Out on a limb I’d say Exeter better than Cheltenham.

Enjoyed both games. Col U v Exeter for the ex-Gills factor and Cobblers v `Nam because it was actually a very good and entertaining game. Cheltenham play some nice footy on the deck. The young Col U lad Poku is impressive. So composed on the ball in tight situations - one for the future there.. The face photos on the seats are a good idea, well done to Cobblers - they sold a load ! Rumour is that Burnley fans have bought a fair few seat photos for the Blackburn home game v Bristol C tomorrow ! Nothing like good ole rivalry....

His parents are regulars in my 'spoons in Petts Wood. Often have a nice chat with them. Hope Exeter go up.for their sakes. Otherwise Colchester for me - fond memories of going therefrom thepromotion game in'74 to even the 0 5 in a sick masochistic kind of way.
Martin was subbed Off in first half. Injured I assume?

Watched most of both games. The standard was really poor, considering they're supposed to be some of that division's best sides. It reminded me why being in League 2 is so grim!

Watched most of both games. The standard was really poor, considering they're supposed to be some of that division's best sides. It reminded me why being in League 2 is so grim!
I listened to the Grecians match live on Talksport and to be fair, it sounded like a bit of a stinker.
Brennan Dickenson came on late, immediately gave away an unnecessary free kick and they scored from it.

If the Times had reported, devoid of goal mouth action would be the phrase used.

Both games were summed up by a long punt which in a rare moment actually found a striker. He raised his foot to control it and shanked it straight into touch a good 10 yards away!

Both games were summed up by a long punt which in a rare moment actually found a striker. He raised his foot to control it and shanked it straight into touch a good 10 yards away!

Agree that neither game was a great watch. But, maybe because the wait had been so long, I found myself enjoying them nevertheless. Talking of long punts, the central defender for Cheltenham, Tozer, had an enormous throw ! A challenger for longest throw-in in pro football i`d have thought ? Only draw back was the lack of two big central defenders in the box to receive the long throw - from the big central defender ..........

Agree that neither game was a great watch. But, maybe because the wait had been so long, I found myself enjoying them nevertheless. Talking of long punts, the central defender for Cheltenham, Tozer, had an enormous throw ! A challenger for longest throw-in in pro football i`d have thought ? Only draw back was the lack of two big central defenders in the box to receive the long throw - from the big central defender ..........
Talking of long-throws, can anyone remember Les Riggs? He could throw the ball to the far post!

Play offs are sometimes dramatic but rarely provide quality football. Exeter must be the pick to win for most of us now. A weekend in Devon next spring would do nicely, drinks on shotshy.

Play offs are sometimes dramatic but rarely provide quality football. Exeter must be the pick to win for most of us now. A weekend in Devon next spring would do nicely, drinks on shotshy.

Don't get too excited jogills

The last few seasons that Plymouth and Exeter have been in the same division as the Mighty Gills, they have been given Tuesday night fixtures.
I still went as the in laws were in Exeter, so made an overnight and pleased the Mrs.
The last time we played Exeter away, I actually caught the bus so I could have a few and not worry about parking.
That was weird.