"League 1 Wes" | Vital Football

"League 1 Wes"

Making a top draw save when you've already had two put past you, maybe isn't quite as impressive...
its even better cause some keepers will be feeling sorry for them selfs for letting in the first two,those that keep on going and dont let it effect them are the better ones and to pull a save off like that after letting 2 in is special in all ways . thats a testiment to the lads attitude and professionalism.

Making a top draw save when you've already had two put past you, maybe isn't quite as impressive...
He wasn't to blame for the 2 Saints goals tho was he.It was a fantastic save and i thought he had a good game,easily the best i've seen him play for us and i wouldn't be overly worried about him starting and that's very different to how i felt previously Pops.UTB

Credit where it's due. One of the best saves I've seen from a United keeper at the Lane.

Let's hope it does for Wes' career what the Norwich save did for Hendersons.

I haven't been calling him out on ability, by the way. I'm just pointing out that as a professional goalkeeper I would hope he's capable of making a save or two of high quality. Its a good reaction save, however the circumstances meant little in the end as we still lost the game.

Gordon Banks save from Pele in 1970, in which he made pretty much the full width of the goal (Wes didn't even need to move his feet...) was similarly, a worthless gem as we lost that game 1-0.

I haven't been calling him out on ability, by the way. I'm just pointing out that as a professional goalkeeper I would hope he's capable of making a save or two of high quality. Its a good reaction save, however the circumstances meant little in the end as we still lost the game.

Gordon Banks save from Pele in 1970, in which he made pretty much the full width of the goal (Wes didn't even need to move his feet...) was similarly, a worthless gem as we lost that game 1-0.
We said it was good not the same as Banks'mighty save or Seaman's.

It was a decent save but comparing him to Gordon Banks is like comparing fillet steak to scrag end.