League 1 Week 9 Away Attendances | Vital Football

League 1 Week 9 Away Attendances

StrangelyBrown

Vital Squad Member
Round up of the adventurers from this weekend.

Imps taking the weekly award for a cracking Friday night turnout at the seaside- Tranmere and Bolton has a decent turn out today but overall some lower than L1 average numbers today.

1569697002162.png

Not bad for the team that lost it's previous home game six nil and have won one in ten. Now let's get that corner turned on the pitch and keep everyone on board for the long haul. It's counter intuitive but after three years of consistent success I'm actually loving the battle, trials and tribulations. It probably helps we're in L1 rather than NL and the fare on offer is usually a decent watch but I can see why fans at clubs living on a constant diet of winning go stale. It's the bumps in the road, uncertainty of match outcomes that make the success all the more thrilling when it comes along. I can say with no doubt had we got a point at Blackpool I would have celebrated that far more than a 6-1 win against Ferriby.

Only ‘big’ (yes they’re all reasonably big compared to 3 years ago) club playing away was Bolton which was at Portsmouth.

Not sure how every other clubs away support compares to their average

Only ‘big’ (yes they’re all reasonably big compared to 3 years ago) club playing away was Bolton which was at Portsmouth.

Not sure how every other clubs away support compares to their average

"Compares their average"? Average what? Do you mean compares to their average home attendance (with or without the away attendance at each clubs home games)?

End of season breaks down away support as a percentage of home support- is that what you meant?

"Compares their average"? Average what? Do you mean compares to their average home attendance (with or without the away attendance at each clubs home games)?

End of season breaks down away support as a percentage of home support- is that what you meant?
Sorry, didn't read what I had typed. I meant how this weeks away attendance compares to their average away attendance. I.e. have they taken less fans than norm this week for whatever reason or was it just a week where all the teams with smaller away followings were away.

Sorry, didn't read what I had typed. I meant how this weeks away attendance compares to their average away attendance. I.e. have they taken less fans than norm this week for whatever reason or was it just a week where all the teams with smaller away followings were away.

Got it.

OK- table is Season to Date average- on the STD position

Accrington- average
Lincoln- slightly below
Donny- above average
MK D- average
Bolton- significantly below avearge
Fleetwood- average
Rotherham- significantly below average
Gillingham- average
Wimbledon- average
Wycombe- below average
Tranmere- average

1569864573433.png

Got it.

OK- table is Season to Date average- on the STD position

Accrington- average
Lincoln- slightly below
Donny- above average
MK D- average
Bolton- significantly below avearge
Fleetwood- average
Rotherham- significantly below average
Gillingham- average
Wimbledon- average
Wycombe- below average
Tranmere- average

View attachment 35390
Thanks! So we were top because the 'big' clubs had very long trips. Although as we had a Friday match trip and a very long commute too that is still very IMPressive (classic).

Thanks! So we were top because the 'big' clubs had very long trips. Although as we had a Friday match trip and a very long commute too that is still very IMPressive (classic).

Or Sunderland and Ipswich were at home as well - their away numbers are, currently, only affected by the size of the away end they are in.