League 1 Transfers | Vital Football

League 1 Transfers

Imps2018

Vital 1st Team Regular
Thread for League 1 transfers as first one has gone through.

Jack Iredale - Cambridge -> Bolton - free.

How are these moves done? The transfer window does not open until June 10.
It used to be that if you were in the final six months of your contract you could start the process with other clubs. That may or may not have changed but it gives you an idea that if players know they will be moving on through choice or design, a lot of ground work can be done in advance.

I'm pretty sure you can do everything that needs to be done to complete a transfer anytime you like, but the buying club can't register the player until the window opens.

I'm pretty sure you can do everything that needs to be done to complete a transfer anytime you like, but the buying club can't register the player until the window opens.
Correct, the window is simply when changes in player registrations can take place.

Mark Sykes has left Oxford to join Bristol City on a free at the end of his contract.

Bit of a loss for them

Apparently we have been linked, along with Millwall, with Leo Bacuna of Cardiff City. decent pedigree if there's any truth in it.

Apparently we have been linked, along with Millwall, with Leo Bacuna of Cardiff City. decent pedigree if there's any truth in it.

Interesting that I was thinking ah yeah he have been at Birmingham hasn't he, obviously Kennedy link... but that's his brother Juninho Bacuna.

Leandro sounds like he hasn't been flavour of the month at Cardiff but he has decent experience 1 and 2 levels up and I think he can play right hand side of midfield or right back...