League 1 transfer thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

League 1 transfer thread

It’s ok spending a fortune on players but it’s their aggressive hot head manager that cost them against us. If he had not wound up his players as he did it might have been a different game.

its funny of the 25 years I have been watching we have had 3 seasons in league 1, 6 in non-league and rest in league 2. I feel as a fan base we are grounded and respectful of our status and take nothing for granted. Reading the view of of four rivals thus far (3/4 of them have an a modicum of recent success at best) the level of arrogance is astounding. I think they all need a dose of reality - we are all league 1 now!

It’s ok spending a fortune on players but it’s their aggressive hot head manager that cost them against us. If he had not wound up his players as he did it might have been a different game.

its funny of the 25 years I have been watching we have had 3 seasons in league 1, 6 in non-league and rest in league 2. I feel as a fan base we are grounded and respectful of our status and take nothing for granted. Reading the view of of four rivals thus far (3/4 of them have an a modicum of recent success at best) the level of arrogance is astounding. I think they all need a dose of reality - we are all league 1 now!

Yep the entitlement felt by some of these clubs fans because they have been in higher leagues in the past seems to be a given for some. Indeed, a dose of reality would help bring them down to earth a little, how about 6 years not getting above half way in the National League for instance!

Oh I don't know, there was a certain amount of rage and fury during our first 2 seasons in the National League that we were having to play the likes of Alfreton, Telford and Tamworth for instance, and even more fury when we were getting beaten by them, no difference really...

Oh I don't know, there was a certain amount of rage and fury during our first 2 seasons in the National League that we were having to play the likes of Alfreton, Telford and Tamworth for instance, and even more fury when we were getting beaten by them, no difference really...

Playing in a pub league...

Less of this humility I tell you. We are founder members of The Championship and the sooner we reclaim our rightful place in the hierarchy the better.

I await news from Clive that we have been approached by Manure and Liverpool to form part of the elite clubs ruling the roost.

Dads Army continues to gather pace at Fleetwood with the signing of Charlie Mulgrew.

Throw him in with Duffy, Coutts, Whelan, Evans and Madden and they're going more experienced at a time when most are going less experienced.

Dads Army continues to gather pace at Fleetwood with the signing of Charlie Mulgrew.

Throw him in with Duffy, Coutts, Whelan, Evans and Madden and they're going more experienced at a time when most are going less experienced.
They have seven players who are 30 or over (Whelan 36, Duffy 35, Mulgrew 34, Coutts 32, Leutwiler 31, Evans 31, Madden 30) plus two more who are 29.

Their OS lists 23 players with an average age of almost 27, compared with our average of 22 years and 6 months. Their midfield has an average age of 30, the strikers and goalkeepers 26, and the defence 25.

Should make tomorrows clash between our somewhat experienced, talented youngsters and their experienced "older heads" interesting then.
Be tough to keep a lid on that Saunders though, looks very fast.

Fines just don't cut it. If clubs can afford to break the cap they can afford to pay the fine. No deterrent whatsoever, especially if they get promoted. Basically what Wolves and Brighton did - got promoted to avoid Championship FFP breaches spread over 3 seasons average.
Those clubs might even budget for it!