League 1 summer transfer thread 2021 | Page 18 | Vital Football

League 1 summer transfer thread 2021

Chelsea have started the annual distribution of dozens of young players to the lower leagues. Strange model.

Crewe manager David Artell sums up the precarious nature of the transfer window right now:

“I sense that for a lot of players it is now getting to that crunch time. There are two weeks left before the season starts and they will have to start to make decisions.

“I was talking to a chief executive at a Championship club the other day and he was saying that there will be a lot of players becoming available. That doesn’t necessary mean they will be expensive or cheap enough but he was saying there will be a lot without clubs because all clubs have been cutting their cloth accordingly, especially in the Championship."

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2021/july/artell-crunch-time/

Chelsea have started the annual distribution of dozens of young players to the lower leagues. Strange model.
One that is very lucrative I dare say. They must hold some sort of world record for number of signed players 'on' their books.

Perhaps the football authorities should examine the rules on number of players a club can loan out, not just have in on loan. I'm not being flippant when I say, don't they usually have 30 or 40 out on loan each season?

One that is very lucrative I dare say. They must hold some sort of world record for number of signed players 'on' their books.

Perhaps the football authorities should examine the rules on number of players a club can loan out, not just have in on loan. I'm not being flippant when I say, don't they usually have 30 or 40 out on loan each season?
Something like that, FIFA were looking at capping the amount of youngsters a Club can have out on loan to stop it but I'm not sure how that went.

They make decent money doing what they do, their Academy through to U23's is like another stand-alone business for them.

Fleetwood 8 Out / 7 In

In:
Forward:
Callum Morton, 21 (West Bromwich Albion – season loan)