League 1 summer transfer thread 2021 | Page 4 | Vital Football

League 1 summer transfer thread 2021

So called big names doesn't mean good teams. Most got demoted because they were crap and some will still be crap next season. At the start of last season I looked at the early fixtures and wondered where the first point would come from, turned out because LCFC were / are a well run Club from top to bottom needn't have worried !
UTI.
Hull came down and finished top. All six 'big names' ended up in the top 9.
I'm not too worried by those coming down. If we have as good a squad as last season , we'll OK.

Very quiet so far. Crewe manager David Artell sums up his experience so far this summer:

“It has been very cagey because players are holding out for more and the clubs are looking to reduce wage bills. There won’t be the same number of places available and I honestly believe there will be a number of desperate players looking for a club in July.

“The player demands will have to come down and that will have to happen sooner rather than later or they could find themselves without a club and out of the game.”

There were rumours he was heading for Pompey - think he's from Poole - but a few suggestions that was just a smokescreen/attempt to get more money from Charlton.
Wednesday thought they had him too, so it looks like Mr Stockley kept a few clubs guessing.

Gillingham:

In:
Midfielder:
Ben Reeves, 29 (Plymouth Argyle)

And Mr Evans trots out one of his favourite lines: “I have been speaking with the player for some time and I am absolutely delighted he has decided to join us having had a number of other offers elsewhere in League 1.”