League 1 summer transfer thread 2021 | Page 20 | Vital Football

League 1 summer transfer thread 2021

Fair to say that Stoke fans are not exactly crying into their beer...

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/297527/vokes?page=11
Some good ones:

"Just get him gone, the corner flags have more of an influence in games than Vokes does."

"I just don't think he's looked the slightest bit arsed since he got here tbh."

"He’ll make Akinfenwa look like Usain Bolt."

"Lazy fat knacker who when jumps you can’t put a fag paper under his studs."

"Vokes should have been in that film from the early nineties, White men can't jump."

"Bit concerned how much we’ve paid them to take him off our hands."

"Best news of the summer so far."

Some good ones:

"Just get him gone, the corner flags have more of an influence in games than Vokes does."

"I just don't think he's looked the slightest bit arsed since he got here tbh."

"He’ll make Akinfenwa look like Usain Bolt."

"Lazy fat knacker who when jumps you can’t put a fag paper under his studs."

"Vokes should have been in that film from the early nineties, White men can't jump."

"Bit concerned how much we’ve paid them to take him off our hands."

"Best news of the summer so far."

But apart from that, they like him?

Burton striker Louis Moult is the latest League One new signing to pick up a long-term injury in pre-season - he has damaged ankle ligaments and will be out until the new year.

MK Dons have also re-signed Josh McEachran after he originally rejected a contract offer in May and left.

Presumably the expected offers didn't come rolling in.

Danny Cowley has some interesting things to say about the money being splashed around by certain League One clubs (Wigan and Ipswich in particular). The article focuses on the Edmundson and Chaplin transfers but does not mention that Jayden Stockley was also about to sign for Portsmouth when Charlton dived in at the last minute with a far bigger offer:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/...n-from-rangers-3326272?itm_source=parsely-api
Would Danny have signed them though if Portsmouth were prepared to lay out the money. I agree with him about the salary cap all leagues should be under one