League 1 summer transfer thread 2021 | Page 2 | Vital Football

League 1 summer transfer thread 2021

Thought they were spinning me a yarn - I did try to not let it needle me. Perhaps they were just trying to pull the wool over our eyes...

And, being a Scott, he should be good with clearances...

Cambridge sign centre back Lloyd Jones after he rejected a new contract with relegated Northampton. Bizarrely, his new manager has described him as being "an excellent shape and size".

Josh Ruffels Oxford to Huddersfield

Gwion Edwards Ipswich to Wigan

Dan Scarr Walsall to Plymouth

Deji Oshilaja Charlton to Burton

Chris Merrie Wigan to Tranmere

League One squads - weekly update:

Current state of play with League One squads - there are many contract discussions ongoing, so expect the number of departures to rise over the next few weeks:

Out/In
Accrington: 6/1
AFC Wimbledon: 4/0
Bolton: 7/4
Burton: 12/3
Cambridge: 3/2
Charlton: 5/0
Cheltenham: 5/0
Crewe: 4/1
Doncaster: 7/1
Fleetwood: 8/3
Gillingham: 7/1
Ipswich: 13/2
Lincoln: 2/0
MK Dons: 5/1
Morecambe: 10/0
Oxford: 3/1
Plymouth: 12/2
Portsmouth: 10/1
Rotherham: 6/0
Sheffield Weds: 11/0
Shrewsbury: 12/1
Sunderland: 7/0
Wigan: 7/3
Wycombe: 7/1

Out: 173 (+23 since last update)
In: 28 (+12 since last update)

By some way lowest movement in & out by the Imps. But I suppose you could add 5 out loan players (& to others of course)

Loans make no difference to squads in terms of numbers because every League One club will always have the maximum permissible.

Karl Robinson in the papers this week moaning, with an element of sympathy on this occasion, that some L1 Clubs are offering up to £10k/week in wages (rumoured to be Ipswich).

Karl Robinson in the papers this week moaning, with an element of sympathy on this occasion, that some L1 Clubs are offering up to £10k/week in wages (rumoured to be Ipswich).
Yep FFP has been repealed, so clubs can once again play loose with the so called safeguards should they be that way inclined.

When they do eventually come a cropper they know can then do a Bolton and dictate to the EFL how it will be brushed aside with a slap on the wrist.

In the meantime wages will be artificially increased for everybody else and the other clubs will have to decide whether they wish to gamble with their security to compete or be disadvantaged on the pitch for following the path of sustainability.