Le Tour | Page 2 | Vital Football

Le Tour

Facepalm moment. I was thinking David Millar is very good at looking at drive trains and spotting cassette and chain set sizes. Only just spotted that they are showing them in the bottom left corner đŸ¤£

Absolutely amazing by Cav today. Only in the tour as a last minute substitute, over 2 years of desperate problems. He (along with everyone else) must have thought he'd never win a race again, let alone his 31st Tour de France win. It was phenomenal today by him.

I think I read somewhere that’s 31 out of 70-odd Stage wins by Brits in the history of the Tour. Remarkable.

The fear after yesterday was that this tour would just be a procession for Pogecar, and the rest of the race would just be a succession of one-day races. But now Ben O'Connor is happening.

The fear after yesterday was that this tour would just be a procession for Pogecar, and the rest of the race would just be a succession of one-day races. But now Ben O'Connor is happening.

Four big climbs today. Just a monster of a stage.

Cav does it again !!!!!!

33 now....can he get to the Champs Elysees and get the 34th there?
Or might there be another sprint stage he can get before Paris??

Just incredible from Cav and the Deceuninck-Quickstep Team on Stage 10 . One off the Merckx record. But will he make it over the mountains?

Last edited:
Seen Mont Ventoux (from autoroute) but never been up it.
These climbs they ride are of course far from easy in cars!

Seen Mont Ventoux (from autoroute) but never been up it.
These climbs they ride are of course far from easy in cars!
Generally a much easier gradient than most 'hard' hills in this country because in this country we rarely bothered with weaving our way up them. But do they go on for km after km!

Dull transition stage today but a nice win for Pollit. It would have been really dull without Boulting, Millar and Sayle

Last edited: