Le Tour | Vital Football

Le Tour

impede

Vital 1st Team Regular
Well that was a cracking stage 1 and an excellent win for Julian Alaphillippe to be the first French man to wear yellow after stage 1 in 20 years. Two massive crashes and Geraint Thomas managed to stay rubber side down.

Yes, watched that, and will be watching coverage on all channels and maybe out tomorrow for a spin.

Loved the mass pile ups!
Disappointing that it didnt end up with Froome being an abandoné though. Can't stand him.

Mad spectator woman who caused first crash!

Yes, watched that, and will be watching coverage on all channels and maybe out tomorrow for a spin.
I have reverted from ad free GCN+ to watch this on ITV4 because I think Ned Boulting and David Miller are the best commenting team. Rob Hatch always winds me up telling us what it is we do or do not want to see. Carlton Kirby is better I think

Some stunning views of the Breton region as well. I reckon Boulting and Miller are probably the best commentators in any sport at the moment. Knowledgeable and follow the Richie Benaud Golden Rule - only say something if it’s going to add to the picture.

Some stunning views of the Breton region as well. I reckon Boulting and Miller are probably the best commentators in any sport at the moment. Knowledgeable and follow the Richie Benaud Golden Rule - only say something if it’s going to add to the picture.

Benaud was fantastic.

Have you ever Benn to see Ned when he does his tours? He is just as good then. Very knowledgeable and entertaining. He loves his story of his first tour when he knew nothing about cycling and called it the yellow jumper during an interview with a cyclist.

Yes really enjoying today.
And somewhere we've been to as a family. Remember going up the Mur de Bretagne...quite tough...and that was in a car!!

And Ned & David are indeed superb commentators.

Have you ever Benn to see Ned when he does his tours? He is just as good then. Very knowledgeable and entertaining. He loves his story of his first tour when he knew nothing about cycling and called it the yellow jumper during an interview with a cyclist.

No I haven’t, but thanks I’ll look them up.

Spoke too soon about G keeping it rubber side down 🙄

Oh I know. Crashed yet again. Kept going just about but can't see him getting much further with the injuries incurred and even if he does manage to carry on, he ain't going to be a contender this time.

David Miller’s “No holds barred” interview of August 2019 is well worth a look on YouTube. Such an eloquent speaker and commentator.

With hindsight I so glad I did not have Rob Hatch commentary on yesterday. I do not know how much being told I do not want to see that I can take.

Fantastic final few Ks though and get in Cav

Absolutely amazing by Cav today. Only in the tour as a last minute substitute, over 2 years of desperate problems. He (along with everyone else) must have thought he'd never win a race again, let alone his 31st Tour de France win. It was phenomenal today by him.

Cav, what a win that was, his 31st stage victory. Good teamwork and everyone so pleased for him. An emotional interview from from an appreciative guy who didn’t give up. :clap: