LCFC Covid Statement | Vital Football

LCFC Covid Statement

Appleton and the other coach could still have tested positive so could only be 1 more player or staff missing.

Several League One clubs have made statements at the same time, but the numbers seem quite low.

2 positives at Blackpool, but none at Bristol Rovers, Doncaster, Portsmouth and a few more.

3,507 players and staff from 66 EFL clubs have returned 112 positive results.

EFL running with a higher % than the PL, but that's probably not a surprise given the lack of testing thus far. Maybe not *as* bad as you'd expect either in the EFL.

The only thing in my mind is that both MA and Steve Croudson might not be amongst these figures if they are still self isolating and have not been part of these rounds of testing which took place on Monday. I could be wrong of course but it makes little sense for them to break isolation to go to wherever the testing was taking place

EDIT....the Echo piece suggests that they were, and as MA is in the dugout his would be a negative. We'll know just before mid-day tomorrow

The only thing in my mind is that both MA and Steve Croudson might not be amongst these figures if they are still self isolating and have not been part of these rounds of testing which took place on Monday. I could be wrong of course but it makes little sense for them to break isolation to go to wherever the testing was taking place
Agree, I don't think MA or SC will be in those figures. They'd have been tested prior to the EFL ones and presumably didn't need another test whilst self-isolating.

Maybe Anderson isn't included either?

First and foremost best wishes to all the staff and family members associated to those that are affected.

Beyond that it is reasonable to expect most if not all clubs will be hit by Covid at some point this season and it is important as fans that we don't spend our time naval gazing about it. I'm sure the players won't be and those that may get an unexpected opportunity will be out of the blocks tomorrow.

It's 'our' turn to deal with it just as it was Wimbledon's last week. Our season will be defined over the 46 games and not a small number of matches here and there. Bring on Peterborough UTI.

Several League One clubs have made statements at the same time, but the numbers seem quite low.

2 positives at Blackpool, but none at Bristol Rovers, Doncaster, Portsmouth and a few more.

3,507 players and staff from 66 EFL clubs have returned 112 positive results.

That's a much higher rate than the ONS claims is present in the community in general (3.2% vs 2%)

Brings up the old question about false positives when testing asymptomatics, though.

Also some players may have tested negative but have mixed with players who have tested positive and are therefore required to self-isolate.

That's a much higher rate than the ONS claims is present in the community in general (3.2% vs 2%)

Brings up the old question about false positives when testing asymptomatics, though.
Yes it is, but you would expect that with footballers mixing in closer proximity and moving around the country more than the general public. I expected higher numbers than these, so well done to the medical teams at each club.

Just out of curiosity anyone know if we have any co-habiting players now? Seem to recall several of the loanees in the recent past were housed together. If one in such a household tested positive that could have a huge effect upon availability of others

But then given the nature of what these elite footballers do you'd expect the 2% that do have it to pass it on even if only during the 90 mins on a pitch - basically you'd expect them to be at a higher risk of catching / transmitting wouldn't you?

I feel like 3.2% is quite low given the risks.

(Edit beat me to it Scotimp - I think we're broadly saying the same thing there).

I suppose the other point on this is that the 3.2% must presumably mainly be asymptomatic - otherwise they'd already be going through an alternative isolation / testing regime. Most of the 3.2% were probably quite surprised.

(edit - although the 2% general population figure would also include asymptomatic cases to be fair).

I guess 4 players/staff testing positive could range from having Montsma, Grant, Palmer and Anderson out, to Anderson and three staff/players who haven't featured this season in the league!

I suspect with the TV money we wouldn't want this off if possible (although I know the club would do right by the players etc), but hoping it doesn't affect how competitive we are.

I guess 4 players/staff testing positive could range from having Montsma, Grant, Palmer and Anderson out, to Anderson and three staff/players who haven't featured this season in the league!

I suspect with the TV money we wouldn't want this off if possible (although I know the club would do right by the players etc), but hoping it doesn't affect how competitive we are.

MA said that two of the normal starting 11 have tested positive I think?