Law changes? | Vital Football

Law changes?

plumbob

Vital Champions League
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40311889
Don't like most of these. But, 30 minute half of the ball in play is something that I have thought good for a long time. Anything that kills time wasting can only be a positive.

plumbob - 18/6/2017 09:10

Don't like most of these. But, 30 minute half of the ball in play is something that I have thought good for a long time. Anything that kills time wasting can only be a positive.

The concept is ok, but how would us fans have any idea how long was left in the half? I think it would be a weird viewing experience.

SIMJON - 18/6/2017 09:30

The concept is ok, but how would us fans have any idea how long was left in the half? I think it would be a weird viewing experience.

I hate the idea as it is down to the ref to remember to stop the clock if he does not do it soon enough we will end up with 20 minutes of action instead of the proposed 30.
The fans would know as the refs watch would be connected to a clock in the stadium, that should not be to difficult in this day and age. I still think it is a shocking idea. Fans on the refs back to stop the clock, less actual playing time can be the only outcome. If they want to increase playing time just get refs to penalise those wasting time. It would soon stop.

Impartiality - 18/6/2017 09:35

I hate the idea as it is down to the ref to remember to stop the clock if he does not do it soon enough we will end up with 20 minutes of action instead of the proposed 30.
The fans would know as the refs watch would be connected to a clock in the stadium, that should not be to difficult in this day and age. I still think it is a shocking idea. Fans on the refs back to stop the clock, less actual playing time can be the only outcome. If they want to increase playing time just get refs to penalise those wasting time. It would soon stop.

I'm not the watch to clock technology.is that simple, or stable! You'd presumably need at least 2 displays around the ground. Below our level it would, of course, mean an extra cost. Would it be *all* football that the rules are changed for, or are we going to split the game into professional anf amateur match lengths? I can't see it happening.

SIMJON - 18/6/2017 09:44

I'm not the watch to clock technology.is that simple, or stable! You'd presumably need at least 2 displays around the ground. Below our level it would, of course, mean an extra cost. Would it be *all* football that the rules are changed for, or are we going to split the game into professional anf amateur match lengths? I can't see it happening.

I think the technology would be simple enough to sort. The cost as you point out is a problem and can you imagine a Sunday league game of 30 minutes each way. It would lead to more time in the pub after mind so not such a bad idea after all :pointy: :pointy:

Impartiality - 18/6/2017 09:47

I think the technology would be simple enough to sort. The cost as you point out is a problem and can you imagine a Sunday league game of 30 minutes each way. It would lead to more time in the pub after mind so not such a bad idea after all :pointy: :pointy:

Or 3 hour games as the ball is always out of play!

SIMJON - 18/6/2017 09:53

Impartiality - 18/6/2017 09:47

Or 3 hour games as the ball is always out of play!

Isn't that what happens in American football? a 1 hour game takes up to 2 hours to complete. I am not sure football/soccer fans would tolerate that.

Like most of the ideas for the 'improvement' of our game which emanate from the governing bodies, this is completely crackers. Simple as that.

Scotimp - 18/6/2017 13:04

Like most of the ideas for the 'improvement' of our game which emanate from the governing bodies, this is completely crackers. Simple as that.

Totally disagree, get rid of the time wasting. Let's see more football.

DEEPING IMP - 18/6/2017 14:02

These changes will do the polar opposite. It's as if the lunatics have taken over the aslyum.

The Electric Banana - 18/6/2017 14:44

DEEPING IMP - 18/6/2017 14:02

These changes will do the polar opposite. It's if the lunatics have taken over the aslyum.

Why !

Bazzzer - 18/6/2017 22:08

Once the clock stops, you can have an advert break.

You're almost as cynical as I am.

TBH, although I'm not keen on time-wasting, I've never felt especially short-changed by the ball being in play only around 2/3 of the time.

They come up with this silly lists of changes every summer.

Concerning that people involved with the running of the game come up with these things. We're obviously in safe hands...