Lavery Signs | Vital Football

Lavery Signs

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Shayne Lavery on a two-year contract, with an option of a further 12 months.

The Northern Ireland international, 22, joins the Seasiders from NIFL Premiership side Linfield following two sensational seasons with the Blues.

A prolific striker, capped seven times for his country, Lavery has scored 47 goals in 77 games for Linfield, including 30 this season en-route to a league and cup double.

Last month, he created history by becoming the first player to be named the Ulster Footballer of the Year and Young Player of the Year in the same season.

Adding to the individual trophy haul were the Player and Young Player of the Year accolades at the NI Football Awards, with the only previous recipients of that particular double being Paul Byrne, Stuart Dallas and Gavin Whyte.

Previously on the books at Everton, the in-demand forward follows Reece James and Daniel Grimshaw in moving to the Club ahead of the new Championship season.

On joining the Seasiders, Shayne Lavery said:

“I’m very excited. Blackpool’s a massive club and I’m glad to get the deal done. I feel like I’ve proved myself back home this season and I’m now looking to test myself at the next level.

“I had mixed emotions last week lifting the league and cup with Linfield, knowing in the back of my head that I’d be moving on, but I’ve loved my time there and I’m very grateful for everything they’ve done for me.

“I’m now joining a Blackpool team that has played well all season, and it was amazing to see them become one of the three teams promoted. I watched the play-off final myself, and I’m just excited to come and play for the Blackpool fans in the Championship now.”

Neil Critchley added:

“Having first been aware of Shayne when coming through the academy system at Everton, he’s gone back over to Northern Ireland and had two fantastic years for Linfield, where his goalscoring record is phenomenal. He’s won numerous awards and now become a full international for his country.

“At 22, we’re getting somebody who is hungry and ambitious to come and prove himself. He’s a very humble individual and his character fits in perfectly with the squad we have here.

“On the pitch, he’ll bring pace, energy and scores different types of goals. We’re all looking forward to working with him.”

Shayne Lavery signs for Blackpool
Posted : 8th June 2021 at 17:02:38

Blackpool FC has today announced that they have signed Shayne Lavery upon the expiry of his Linfield contract in recent days.

Shayne has given exceptional service to Linfield in the two years he spent at the club and a fuller tribute by Jamie Megarry of official Linfield media will be paid on this website later this evening.

Linfield FC acknowledges and thanks Shayne for his outstanding contribution to the successes this club has enjoyed in the past two years.

Shayne scored 47 goals in his 77 appearances for this club and his 30 goal haul in the season just ended, contributed greatly to the club winning the Irish League and Irish Cup double.

As well as earning the hugely prestigious Linfield player of the year award and Linfield players’ player of the year award, Shayne was also named as both player and Young player of the year by both the Ulster Footballer of the year selection committee and the Northern Ireland Football Writers’ Association.

Shayne’s famous goal against Qarabag won the Linfield Goal of the season award in the 2019-20 season and he won international caps against both the USA and Italy in recent times.

He was a fans’ favourite and hugely popular, on and off the pitch with his team mates.

He will certainly be missed greatly and everyone at this club would extend every best wish to Shayne for the future.

He will always be welcome back at Windsor Park.

Audaces Fortuna Juvat

24377_1.jpeg

Two terriers hunting down defenders in a small pack will be exciting to watch. I think also, given his fantastic workrate, it will be good to take some of the work load off Wine Lodge. Most of the better teams in the Championship and above seem to have at least 4 strikers who are regularly used.