Latics struggle | Vital Football

Latics struggle

Up the tics!

Vital Newbie
It's a tough league.. we've heard it all before, lucky the results went for us today, our run in is a difficult as it gets...personal mistakes have cost us last two games, I'm just hoping Mr Cook will stick to a shape and keep players in positions they are doing well at, senior players should roll their sleeves up and get on with the job they are employed to do......all in all I'll support them until the end, tactically we are not at it and certainly goal shy ......fingers crossed rotherham keep losing....?

We'll all support them to the end UTT
Problem is the manager and players aren't supporting themselves - its a feckin shambles and if we somehow stay up it will be despite not because of them (as always honourable exception to Reece who ran midfield saturday and was moved by Cook who i am convinced has invested his payoff in advance for us to go down at 20/1 odds available at xmas ?)

We'll all support them to the end UTT
Problem is the manager and players aren't supporting themselves - its a feckin shambles and if we somehow stay up it will be despite not because of them (as always honourable exception to Reece who ran midfield saturday and was moved by Cook who i am convinced has invested his payoff in advance for us to go down at 20/1 odds available at xmas ?)
I dont understand cooks logic we all know tactically hes poor but putting Gibson in the middle in such an important game was a major mistake....I agree even if we stay up would we want cook for another season? The lack of goals, poor away form speaks for itself....I feel like most of our players with only a few exceptions cook is a league 1 manager.

I dont understand cooks logic we all know tactically hes poor but putting Gibson in the middle in such an important game was a major mistake....I agree even if we stay up would we want cook for another season? The lack of goals, poor away form speaks for itself....I feel like most of our players with only a few exceptions cook is a league 1 manager.

Putting Reece James in central defence and using wing backs was mind boggling also, leaving Massy on the bench, starting Windass and long balling it so much all so hard to get your head round.

In the match thread KDZ, you thought James was playing at right back.
?

I said that in the first minute of the game when it was clear he was in defence and Byrne further forward. As the game played out it appeared it was more him on the right side of a 3 man defence with wing backs. Not as easy to tell when the camera doesn't show the full pitch and follows the ball - ive been to enough away disaspointments to add to Hull midweek when it's on tv.