Latics Pics Various | Page 3 | Vital Football

Latics Pics Various

I have trawled the A-Z of former players and can't find an Eric Welsby having played for us. The same A-Z however, doesn't mention Dean Connolly who I am sure had his leg broken by Stockports Kevin Francis at Springfield.

Last edited:
A shithole. An utter shithole. But our shithole.
It must have been an hell of a shock, for some of the bigger clubs we beat,
when they came to a windswept and freezing Springy.

I don't think the changing rooms would have been a lap of luxury and probably
had a luke warm shower after the match, and hoped they never have to come
there ever again.

Last edited:
It must have been an hell of a shock, for some of the bigger clubs we beat,
when they came to a windswept and freezing Springy.

I don't think the changing rooms would have been a lap of luxury and probably
had a luke warm shower after the match, and hoped they never have to come
there ever again.

Changing rooms weren't bad springy...small but there was a large bath if memory serves.

My heart longs for Springfield park. This soulless pile of breeze blocks will never, ever, ever fill that void.

Isn't there a story that Paul parker was due to sign when John Deehan was manager. he turned up at the ground, took one look around & said sorry but I'm not playing here
I also seem to remember an interview Deehan gave around the time it was announced the new place was going to be built in which he said the stadium was a hindrance to bringing players in

It was Springfield Park that helped me fall in love with Latics but we needed to move

Changing rooms weren't bad springy...small but there was a large bath if memory serves.
I never saw ever them, they needed an hot bath, after coming off a muddy and
Springy Park at times, after it rained you couldn't see the players kit as they was
full of mud and their faces was mud splattered.