Latics Pics Various | Page 2 | Vital Football

Latics Pics Various

Not sure the stadium would have been configured to hold so many

PS did you ever go to the Baseball ground ect loads of grounds surrounded by houses

I did but there were streets going in all different directions. Springy was basically one way in one way out although it was split into 3 if that makes sense

Looking at that picture Springfield Park could have been developed by building stands upwards behind each goal creating a cracking atmosphere with fans close to the pitch. Also, a new main stand along the full length of the pitch. I'm sure it would have been cheaper than building the JJB
How many grounds that were in the middle of houses have been redeveloped as opposed to moving to more spacious environs?
Derek Fuller anyone remember him
He used to sell choc ices and drinks on a stick at the Ritz.

Aye, Derek Fuller was manager of the Ritz/ABC has I knew it) before he was at Latics.
Derek Welsby, was he followed by .....dear god I forget his name , tall big build chap with glasses (he interviewed me once) ....then John Fillingham?

I think it was J Fillingham who launched the ‘Blue Chip’ lottery draw that I signed up for (got a bollocking off the wife) on the launch night at Tiffany’s night club. ....think it was £2 a week which was pushing it at the time ?

Aye, Derek Fuller was manager of the Ritz/ABC has I knew it) before he was at Latics.
Derek Welsby, was he followed by .....dear god I forget his name , tall big build chap with glasses (he interviewed me once) ....then John Fillingham?

I think it was J Fillingham who launched the ‘Blue Chip’ lottery draw that I signed up for (got a bollocking off the wife) on the launch night at Tiffany’s night club. ....think it was £2 a week which was pushing it at the time ?

If my memory serves me correctly Colin Burke followed Derek Welsby. Colin certainly wouldn't be described as tall. Gingerish hair and beard.

That’s not the name I’m trying to remember.....I know his ‘office’ was in that little block of units where they used to sell programmes and whatnot just through the main turnstiles at the side of the Phoenix stand ....early 80’s ?