Latest SB Meeting: Imps Turn Down Gambling Partner - Thoughts? - Posts That Don't Belong On 100% Imps! | Vital Football

Latest SB Meeting: Imps Turn Down Gambling Partner - Thoughts? - Posts That Don't Belong On 100% Imps!

impede

Vital 1st Team Regular
For about a month!

Some people spout off good intentions but soon return to the default setting.

Some of the stuff that has been written about is frankly rediculous. Only 9% of people want to go back to how it was. What that should read is 91% of people would like things change in an ideal world and be all lovely but 99% of that 91%. Will ultimately do nothing about it because they want other people to change but not them.

I bet in 5 years time when all this has passed and the world economy is starting to recover little will ultimately change. How many people will stop getting on planes for holidays, driving their cars, buying cheap crap from China. A small percentage that's all.

People have great intentions but short memories.
The fact that BoJo has taken a bounce in the polls following him having CV19 says it all. The fact that thousands are going to die because of the policy of herd immunity, the fact that the Tories spent ten years degrading the NHS for privatisation so it was completely unprepared, the fact that BoJo spurned four opportunities to join European countries in the purchase of PPE...the list goes on. But no, BoJo gets poorly and becomes a hero

The fact that BoJo has taken a bounce in the polls following him having CV19 says it all. The fact that thousands are going to die because of the policy of herd immunity, the fact that the Tories spent ten years degrading the NHS for privatisation so it was completely unprepared, the fact that BoJo spurned four opportunities to join European countries in the purchase of PPE...the list goes on. But no, BoJo gets poorly and becomes a hero

And the EU did really well then, didn't they.

"
How has the EU responded to the COVID-19 pandemic?
... uncoordinated, and did not show much intra-EU solidarity. Initially because of its commitment to open borders, Europe did not want to enact quarantine restrictions to prevent people from traveling between countries. This is especially problematic when neighboring countries have conflicting quarantine policies. For example, for a while Belgium had a nationwide ban on going to bars and restaurants, but the Netherlands did not. So if people who lived near the border in Belgium wanted to have a night out, they could go to a bar just a few miles north in the Netherlands....."

Source: https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/04/10/matthias-matthijs-european-union-covid-19-response/

What a pathetic comment.

Please lay off of the politics, firstly this is a site for Lincoln City supporters, and secondlly in reply to impede it lays you open to quoting fake news !

If John Hopkins uni is issuing fake news then I would be really worried..

And the EU did really well then, didn't they.

"
How has the EU responded to the COVID-19 pandemic?
... uncoordinated, and did not show much intra-EU solidarity. Initially because of its commitment to open borders, Europe did not want to enact quarantine restrictions to prevent people from traveling between countries. This is especially problematic when neighboring countries have conflicting quarantine policies. For example, for a while Belgium had a nationwide ban on going to bars and restaurants, but the Netherlands did not. So if people who lived near the border in Belgium wanted to have a night out, they could go to a bar just a few miles north in the Netherlands....."

Source: https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/04/10/matthias-matthijs-european-union-covid-19-response/

If you’re going to quote an article to support your whataboutery, at least do it with one that actually supports the point you're trying to make.

Personally I think anyone at this moment in time who wants to make a political point from either side or from anywhere around the world needs to give their bloody head a wobble.

Take a look in the mirror people thousands of people around the world are dying. Everyone makes mistakes and hindsight is a wonderful thing. Let's pull together and fight this thing not make pathetic political point scoring against each other with bickering and point scoring.

Smell the coffee there are far more important things to be concerned with right now than bloody politics! Unbelievable!

Personally I think anyone at this moment in time who wants to make a political point from either side or from anywhere around the world needs to give their bloody head a wobble.

Take a look in the mirror people thousands of people around the world are dying. Everyone makes mistakes and hindsight is a wonderful thing. Let's pull together and fight this thing not make pathetic political point scoring against each other with bickering and point scoring.

Smell the coffee there are far more important things to be concerned with right now than bloody politics! Unbelievable!

The previous response by the government informs how we deal with the pandemic in the future, so it needs to be assessed.

Secondly, governments must *always* be held to account for how they safe-guard their citizens. It's their first and most important duty. Whether that counts as "political point scoring" I'm really not sure.

Naive at best. Everything about this is political and should be judged. 'Thousands of people are dying' because of political decisions and it was not hindsight. Our government had China, Italy, South Korea and others providing him with foresight but they thought they knew better and ignored what those examples were telling them and thousands will die who needn't have done. If that is not political I do not know what is. Or is it not political when it does not suit your views?

I will be moving certain posts from that thread here.
It is important that politics are discussed in forums frequented by people who 'do not do' politics. People who 'do not do' politics who have the vote are the people who drop us in this shit shows

It is important that politics are discussed in forums frequented by people who 'do not do' politics. People who 'do not do' politics who have the vote are the people who drop us in this shit shows

So then discuss it here because the topic is about a betting partner and that is not the way that thread was starting to go!!

Who comes here? This is the place threads are moved to and forgotten.

Is that my fault they are forgotten? If people really wish to discuss something that isn't anything to do with Lincoln City etc, they can do so here.

Is that my fault they are forgotten? If people really wish to discuss something that isn't anything to do with Lincoln City etc, they can do so here.

I think that's absolutely fair enough, Jules. I come here occasionally to see if there are any interesting off-topic threads.

I think that's absolutely fair enough, Jules. I come here occasionally to see if there are any interesting off-topic threads.

I'm trying to do the very best I can do keep the site busy and take it through a far more challenging time than 6 years in the Conference, so hopefully, this forum will start being used a bit more!

Naive at best. Everything about this is political and should be judged. 'Thousands of people are dying' because of political decisions and it was not hindsight. Our government had China, Italy, South Korea and others providing him with foresight but they thought they knew better and ignored what those examples were telling them and thousands will die who needn't have done. If that is not political I do not know what is. Or is it not political when it does not suit your views?

You call me naive but you don't know anything about me or my personal circumstance. I can assure you if you did the last thing you would accuse me of is naivety but hey I will leave you to your opinion which you clearly have fixed in your mind. And some people seem to think the world is going to change!

The previous response by the government informs how we deal with the pandemic in the future, so it needs to be assessed.

Secondly, governments must *always* be held to account for how they safe-guard their citizens. It's their first and most important duty. Whether that counts as "political point scoring" I'm really not sure.

Absolutely governments need to be held accountable. But surely there is a time and place. We should all be pulling together now and learn the lessons and debate the recriminations later.