Latest Payment To Lincoln City Football Club | Page 3 | Vital Football

Latest Payment To Lincoln City Football Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw similar with plenty of negative comments re Vitals. Couldn't care less about petty rivalry's between certain internet fan groups.

Congrats to Jules for what he does and anyone else who raises money for our great club!

The anonymity accusation is very tenuous anyway. I am pretty sure most posters on here know who I am, and I know who almost everyone else is, at least the longer-term members. Anonymous? Not really.

I was referring to a Twitter thread rather than LCB specifically. The comment that if you express an opinion on Vitals behind a veil of anonymity basically amounts to trolling I found particularly irksome. Still I didn't intend to lob a hand grenade in to this thread so apologies to all for that.
I found the comment ironic rather than irksome. Someone having a pop about anonymity on Vital when they use twitter with thousands of anonymous accounts and trolls falling over themselves to troll. I prefer to think of Trolls like this pretty harmless i believe.download.jpg

I am a member of LCB but never post on there. I like some of the photos and stuff posted there, not the debate. I feel the format of this forum is much more conducive to sensible debate. I’ll make no comment on the content of either site at this point. If I have two tabs open in my browser, one will be vitals. I’m much more comfortable here. I suspect the banter people would say the same about their site, which is their prerogative. It’s a shame that there seems to be an us or them mentality, but hey ho, it is what it is

Anything that raises money for the club in my book is great. Different people have different opinions which is why football is so great. That’s the whole point of a forum/Facebook page, to discuss different opinions. It’s great to see different view points. Often I find myself questioning other members opinion’s as I’m sure they question mine. I would always encourage people to engage in vitals because I actually think it’s on the whole a friendly place to debate all things lincoln and an easy way to make money for the club (well done Jules).

Ultimately no one place is perfect, but that’s just life.

I had to leave LCB due to the complete bizarreness of some of the posts and every time we get beat it’s like the worlds going to end with constant slagging off of players. The Clanford which setup is far more of a relaxed down to earth Facebook group.

Everyone who raises money should be commended, a few have a chip on their shoulders that’s life unfortunately. It’s personal for a few, unlike DC ethos everything we do is a club effort.

Well done Jules that is a tremendous effort over the last few years. By running the site you have earned the right to take the money for yourself but instead have handed it over to the club without feeding your own ego by constantly publicising the fact. You and your record in supporting the Imps should be applauded and appreciated by everyone.
I suspect some of the anti Vitals feeling on LCB stems from the CM era as some of the leaders on there were big CM disciples and didn't like him receiving criticism on their own site but they couldn't control the agenda on here.

Looks like Gary has taken personally a comment which I believe was most certainly not aimed at him or his site. Maybe asking for clarity on the post before commenting on his own blog may have been a wiser decision. I don't think I have ever seen a negative comment on here about his blog. There really is no need for fallouts and they can be avoided if people just used a bit of common decency and ask for clarity before a response to their own often wrong interpretation. We all support the same team, don't we...

Well done Jules that is a tremendous effort over the last few years. By running the site you have earned the right to take the money for yourself but instead have handed it over to the club without feeding your own ego by constantly publicising the fact. You and your record in supporting the Imps should be applauded and appreciated by everyone.
I suspect some of the anti Vitals feeling on LCB stems from the CM era as some of the leaders on there were big CM disciples and didn't like him receiving criticism on their own site but they couldn't control the agenda on here.

You mean there were actually people out there who thought he was a good manager??

If that is the case, I can only imagine these are the same geezers who think Akinde is useless (and probably voted us out of Europe as well).

I echo your thoughts. And well done Jules.

Status
Not open for further replies.