Latest Accounts... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Latest Accounts...

To be fair to Scally he doesn't strike me as one for seeking out credit. He does what he does and rarely feels the need to talk about it.

Good point, as said above, he never made it public about his "pay cut" for the year ending 2019. Makes a mockery of those who say he must be taking the full whack this year as he would have announced it otherwise.

Good point, as said above, he never made it public about his "pay cut" for the year ending 2019. Makes a mockery of those who say he must be taking the full whack this year as he would have announced it otherwise.

To be fair to those people, I do think that given the situation now, with staff furloughed, ST holders not being refunded, etc., and trying to convey the idea that we're all in this together, it wouldn't hurt to mention the fact that he has also reduced his salary (if indeed he has). No reason why he'd be obliged to announce it, of course, but I do think it would've taken the sting out of a lot of the rumblings of discontent from some fans.

Completely agree though that for last year, there's no reason at all why he should've made it public.

What a daft thing to say! Are you suggesting that Scally should lower his consultancy fee to the average wage in Gillingham?

No I wasn't suggesting that at all .What I was referring too is he has assumed that everyone is happy for the club to keep.the season ticket money of every season ticket holder. When some have unforeseen consequences of Covid.i am sure the vast majority are ok with the situation as I am sure you are.

No I wasn't suggesting that at all .What I was referring too is he has assumed that everyone is happy for the club to keep.the season ticket money of every season ticket holder. When some have unforeseen consequences of Covid.i am sure the vast majority are ok with the situation as I am sure you are.

Say that then!

As it goes, I am sympathetic to season ticket holders who have fallen on hard times and could do with a refund on their season ticket. And I’m in agreement with most that the communication could/should have been better.

Say that then!

As it goes, I am sympathetic to season ticket holders who have fallen on hard times and could do with a refund on their season ticket. And I’m in agreement with most that the communication could/should have been better.
My communication is not great but then I am not paid to communicate or promote a business. I apologise if my post was badly written.

I'm not sure he's assumed that all STH are happy with the club keeping their money. I think it's just he has no choice at the moment because if he offered refunds and too many people wanted them the club would go bust.

I'm not sure he's assumed that all STH are happy with the club keeping their money. I think it's just he has no choice at the moment because if he offered refunds and too many people wanted them the club would go bust.

agreed. British Airways offered vouchers instead of cash refunds for the same reason