Late Penalty Sees Millers Having To Settle For A Point | Vital Football

Late Penalty Sees Millers Having To Settle For A Point

I've just watched the IFollow highlights of the game and it definitely was a penalty, though where some people got the idea it was Richard Wood who gave it away I'm not sure as he was already down on the floor - it was Thompson aided and abetted by Ihiekwe who gave it away! And yes, I think we should have had a pen after Vas was taken from behind in the area.

Did anyone actually watch the game on IFollow? Just wondering how many times the commentator said 'red and white stripped shirts'? He said it twice in the ten minute highlights I watched!

I watched the game on i Player Caz but I can't recall the commentator saying "red and white stripped shirts", although I'm not always paying much attention to them.
What I can say though is that once again they weren't biased at all, and were giving praise to our team, even though I was getting frustrated at the amount of times we gave the ball away or misplaced our passes. Yes you're right regarding the penalty Caz because after watching the replay about a half dozen times it is clear that it was indeed Thompson who committed the "foul". At the time I was fuming because I didn't think it was a foul, but on reflection it was a stupid thing for Thompson to do because the player was never getting anywhere near the ball and didn't need fouling. It was an unnecessary penalty to give away, and it cost us two valuable points. I was happy to see that we were still top of the league and it shows how important that goal difference is. Winning the title or automatic promotion is still in our own hands and the big one for us is on the 25th away to Coventry. I say for US because having glanced through Coventry's remaining fixtures they have got some tough games to come, most of them at "home" but tough nevertheless.
And having said that, we seem to play better against the top teams than we do against the teams lower down the league, as was seen on Saturday unfortunately.

I think we do play better against teams who are further up the league to be honest, Nez.

I always look at the players who are supposed to have committed the foul when a pen is given and our players didn't complain when the ref pointed to the spot.

Saying that, he'd been waiting all game to give something like that.

Yes I noticed that there wasn't any protesting from our players Caz and to be honest that's why I decided that it was definitely a penalty, despite my ranting and raving, ha-ha (I must learn to keep calm).

Ha-ha I can believe you Caz. We should carry a health warning in our match programme or on the big screen in the ground. "WARNING watching Rotherham United could turn you into a nervous wreck". :p :nerner: :agree: :wack: :help: