Last Meal | Page 2 | Vital Football

Last Meal

Starter:

1.Sun dried tomato bread, dipped in olive oil,
with Mixed pitted olives

2.Parma ham and goats cheese on a rocket bed

Main:

1.Pan fried french trimmed lamb with creamy dauphinoise potatoes in a sticky port sauce, served with seasonable vegetables.

Dessert:

1. Mascarpone marble cheesecake with lemon sauce

Drinks

1.Starter: Sparkling water
2.Main course wine selection: Merlot
3.Dessert wine selection: A Light rose

Filtered Columbian blended coffee.

[To be waited on by Gillian Anderson in a buxom maids outfit, in the filthiest heels you've ever seen, if at all possible. Thank you and goodnight.]

:14:

Villa_Grizzly - 1/6/2013 15:55

Starter:

1.Sun dried tomato bread, dipped in olive oil,
with Mixed pitted olives

2.Parma ham and goats cheese on a rocket bed

Main:

1.Pan fried french trimmed lamb with creamy dauphinoise potatoes in a sticky port sauce, served with seasonable vegetables.

Dessert:

1. Mascarpone marble cheesecake with lemon sauce

Drinks

1.Starter: Sparkling water
2.Main course wine selection: Merlot
3.Dessert wine selection: A Light rose

Filtered Columbian blended coffee.

[To be waited on by Gillian Anderson in a buxom maids outfit, in the filthiest heels you've ever seen, if at all possible. Thank you and goodnight.]

:14:

I want what he 's having except:

Change the starter to 12 snails in garlic and parsley butter
Change the Merlot for a Malbec (or a pint of Brooklyn Lager)
Change the waitress to that chic off of Rookie Blue

Other than that...s 'all good.

The Fear - 1/6/2013 14:55

Depends how I am dying really. If I've just been attacked by a bull that has gone mental, stuck its horns into my guts and ripped out my insides (which could happen) then I'm not sure I'd be up to eating much.

I reckon you're dying 'a lot'...which is a bonafide measure of dying...

My three courses would be

Starter -

mixed veg pakora and onion bhaji's (together with dip and customary popadom)

Main -

Balti Saag Paneer, hot, with 2 plain naan

Sweet (hardest one I like loads), probably

Caramel Apple Grannie (Apple Crumble with a layer of caramel between the two) with custard

Although, I have never had Creme Broulle, and I have always wanted to try it, so if I am still the same on my death bead, I'll have one of them and say "ooh, not as nice as I thought it would be. Can I still have an Apple Grannie ?"

Smoked salmon with olives and freshly baked wholemeal soda bread and butter
An Ulster fry
Apple crumble with thick hot custard

Sainsburys stir fry, cooked myself with a little "Light Soy & Sweet Chilli" added to taste.

£2:50 worth every penny.

holtelower - 1/6/2013 20:33

My three courses would be

Starter -

mixed veg pakora and onion bhaji's (together with dip and customary popadom)

Main -

Balti Saag Paneer, hot, with 2 plain naan

Sweet (hardest one I like loads), probably

Caramel Apple Grannie (Apple Crumble with a layer of caramel between the two) with custard

Although, I have never had Creme Broulle, and I have always wanted to try it, so if I am still the same on my death bead, I'll have one of them and say "ooh, not as nice as I thought it would be. Can I still have an Apple Grannie ?"

Are you a vegie Holtelower? There are a few of us on here.

Yes I am VotN - have been since Oct. 6th 1991 !!. Last vice was a Kentucky Fried Chicken !

I always wanted to go veggie from about the age of 15, when I got into The Smiths, and the whole Meat is Murder thing. I then met my, now, wife, who every time she ate meat , got sick, so it was a natural choice really. I will admit, I still miss meat, especially when you are a foreign country, and think "I'd love to try that", but would never go back now.

Gotta say, if my last meal was Brekkie - As many "Morrissons Meat Free" Sausage Sandwiches with fruity sauce as I could possibly manage ! - if you are Veggie, try them, they are brill. 18 yrs I missed a sausage sandwich !!!

I like vegetables. I like them in conjunction with meat, fish, shellfish etc.
but I respect others decision not to.

Just once course for me:

Chips, Beans, Cheese, Mixed Kebab Meat, Garlic Sauce and Gravy.

All from the local that me and mate use for FIFA nights.

:136: :136: :136:

I'm not really sure to be honest. Too much nice food out there to choose one favourite/last meal.

I reckon my starter would probably involve scallops, and my main is really hard to choose but I'm thinking maybe Pork Belly.

Goes without saying it would all need to be cooked by a Michelin starred chef.

We've got a book in our downstairs loo that gives information about all the death row criminals in texas since 1960-something, including their last meals.

Apparently they changed the rules on it recently as people were taking the piss, so there is a limit/budget nowadays.

Theres a lot of mexican/hispanic influence in the meals in the book and a fair bit of southern fried chicken, as you'd imagine.

The only food I ever really crave is an indian so it would have to be that. Also it would probably be the messiest for the pathologist/coroners to clean up - and as an innocent man I'd want to cause as much trouble as possible.

Starter
Tandoori king prawns and bangla bites with poppadoms

Main
Lamb Tikka Shami Kufta with special fried rice and a keema naan

Desert
Eton Mess Sundae

Well, it will either be crispy duck on watercress salad starter like I have at Lambs or a traditional prawn coctail starter.

Steak, 16oz rare fillet, chips, onion rings, mushrooms and peas plus a side salad.

And for pudding, not that I'm a great pudding person, a real nice tiramisu

DeanoVilla - 3/6/2013 10:31

James06 - 3/6/2013 09:18

Desert
Eton Mess Sundae

No Punky Penguin?!

Come on Jim, you've gotta keep it traditional if you're going the Indian route.

I did think that, but indian deserts are terrible and of course nobody does cakes and deserts like the british so have to go traditional.

I work with a lot of italians and they always say that whilst generally speaking english food is shite, infact any food other than their own is shite, we do produce the best cakes and deserts in the world.

Rule Britannia!

Green Tea - 1/6/2013 12:18

You got me going now McGrath.

Starter - Lobster salad with lemon, butter and corriander dressing, served with whole grain crusty bread.
-Bottle of chilled Chablis.
Fillet steak (rare), grilled beef tomato, flat mushroom, thick cut chips, peas, green peppercorn sc,
-Bottle of Châteauneuf du Pape (1998 if pos)
Cheese board, with a great vintage cheddar, aged parmesan, docelatte, brie, Emmental(all at room temp)
-Large Hennessy Ellipse Cognac (you got me curious) and a good cigar?

Cigar sounds reasonable to me.

Love a brandy - done the Hennessey tour in Cognac twice now, it's well worth spending half a day there if you're around that part of France. Last time we were there an American couple were taken into a private booth to purchase two bottles of the Ellipse which is a blend of 7 brandys going back to the 1700's - one for each generation of the family tasters. Made me and my three mates look pretty small time as we clubbed in to get one shot of the Hennessey Paradis (around 500 euros a bottle) just to satisfy our curiosity - beautiful, wonderfully smooth.